Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I am 32 weeks pregnant and have a fever, when should I take tylonal.?

I heard that if u get a fever when u are pregnant u should take tylonal, but I don't have any and I feel too sick to walk 2 blocks and get some. My temp is 99.8 degrees farinhiet, but I always run a low temp so for me that is really high. What should I do? I would make my boyfriend go get me some but he is more sick than me. I put a cold washcloth on my head. What happens to the baby if my body gets to hot?

I just took tylonal ER. I never heard of it , but thats what my boyfriend went and got me, I hope it's safe, i'm like freaking out right now, i figured it was better than taking nothing.

Do u know how many i should take 1 or 2? He only brought me the pills not the package ( his dad lives in the same building as us, thats where he got the medicin from) I just took 1 for now and if my fever dosen't go down I planed on taking another

Thank u mumontherun, i actually live in Chicago, and my boyfriend just went and got some for me. I just moved here so i don't have any friends in the city, just me and my boyfriend.

Favorite Answer

Tylenol ER is just "extended release" meaning it lasts longer. It's safe. You did they right thing by getting your bf to get you some. If the fever is not relieved by tylenol or gets worse, call your doctor.

Source(s): RN

When I was in labor I actually started running a fever, and they gave me tylenol. They would only let me run the temp. for so long before they decided to give me a c-section also because she had pooped inside of me. Keep a close watch on it and go see doc if it gets higher or doesn't go away soon. It can cause stress on the baby which can't be good. Stay calm but don't take any risks its better to be safe than sorry. Congrats on having a baby soon.

if you run a temp of 100. or higher you have to go to the hospitial right away. I called my local ask a nurse a couple weeks ago when i got sick and that is what they told me. you might want to call the 24 hour ask a nurse line for a hospital in your area. Im not sure what happens to the baby but its not good if pregnat women need to go in when they olny have 100 temp

Source(s): yeah and tylonel is the olny thing you can take it is safe for your baby

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you aren't in severe pain I wouldn't take anything. I would just take a hot bath and relax. Tylenol is safe during pregnancy. Tylenol Pm is too. And if that is your boyfriend's baby he needs to get up and get you the medicine girl. Remember you are the one carrying the child. Not him.

Source(s): Been thru prenancy twice.

I think that you should get your boyfriend, however sick he is, to get you the Tylenol. I know you care for him and don't want him to get sicker but getting over heated can harm your baby. More in the early stages but you are not supposed to take very hot baths or go into spas for this very reason because it raises your body temp. Please go to a doctor and get checked and try and get your body temperature down as soon as possible.

Good luck and get well soon.

• kittie

Nothing, i had fevers when iwas pregnant but i never took medicine just rest alot, take a cold shower even if you feel too hot, don't cover yourself. And a nice chicken soup would go good.

Keep track of your fever and other symptoms, above 100* F you need to see an MD> Be carful to stay hydrated and gets lots of rest and sleep. Tylenol is fine.

the fever can harm the baby - why don't you ask a friend to go and grab you some. i'm sure they won't mind just this once. Actually if your in sydney - I can grab you some, if you are close to me.

• Acetaminophen (aka Tylenol) is okay if you are pregnant or nursing, but Ibuprofen, (aka Motrin) is not