Do you have racist views against Mexicans? If so, why?

I feel the need to educate my fellow Americans about how the U.S. government scapegoats Mexicans because of an earlier question on Y!A. The U.S. Government wants people to think Mexicans hurt our economy, when in fact they make it better. If the economy is doing poorly, they want you to point the finger at... show more I feel the need to educate my fellow Americans about how the U.S. government scapegoats Mexicans because of an earlier question on Y!A.

The U.S. Government wants people to think Mexicans hurt our economy, when in fact they make it better. If the economy is doing poorly, they want you to point the finger at Mexicans. Did you know they did this to Irish? And to other new immigrant groups in American history?

The U.S.Govt provide thousands of temporary visas a year to Mexico because we NEED cheap labor. Without cheap labor, our produce would be sooo expensive. Besides, our borders could keep out Mexicans if the govt wanted them out, but they don't.

The U.S. has institutionalized the Mexican work force, further making Americans feel superior to them. Do you wonder why are so many of them in these lower paying jobs? Ask middle aged Mexican-Americans their experiences with counselors in highschool. Many of them were pushed to go into agriculture or maid jobs, instead of college.
Update: Source- I used to work in the government issueing temporary visas. I also have a bachelor in History/Latino Studies.
Update 2: JustinCase- I felt it my duty to inform my fellow Americans because there were a lot of racist remarks against Mexicans.
Update 3: Liz- Indians? Interesting. Because I thought Indians came from India. Indians is the term Columbus put on the natives because he thought he landed on India. Why don't you call them by their tribe name?
Update 4: Yes CoryKorn- back to scapegoating. That is what the U.S. government would like you to think. Did you know our population is multiplying anyway??
Update 5: Josie-Have you ever heard of "but for the grace of God could be I?" You are lucky your ancestors could come here legally. And you are lucky to live in a country where you can get help from the State. Go visit Mexico and see how kids beg on the streets. And don't blame it on their parents having too... show more Josie-Have you ever heard of "but for the grace of God could be I?" You are lucky your ancestors could come here legally. And you are lucky to live in a country where you can get help from the State. Go visit Mexico and see how kids beg on the streets. And don't blame it on their parents having too many kids. Even couples who have one kid have a hard time making ends meet. So is it any wonder, they care about their family's well-being to make the treacherous trip to a country that hates them??
Update 6: Also, Josie-- yes an illegal alien can get arrested by police. You must have heard your facts wrong. In fact, if they are involved with drugs they get deported fast.
Update 7: Sweety Pie- Regarding the source, read the whole thing. I am not going to cite all the books I've read, people I've interviewed, jobs I've held. I do have a bachelors in both history and latino studies at CSULB. I don't know Mexicans who want a pat on the back. I know Mexicans who are tired of... show more Sweety Pie- Regarding the source, read the whole thing. I am not going to cite all the books I've read, people I've interviewed, jobs I've held. I do have a bachelors in both history and latino studies at CSULB.

I don't know Mexicans who want a pat on the back. I know Mexicans who are tired of racist and insuperior remarks. And they are tired of being scapegoated for our economy's problems. Do yourself a favor and take a minority history class.
Update 8: Sweety Pie: No, I don't care for Americans to show remorse for Mexicans. I really would rather them show them some respect, instead of scapegoating them. You need to look up that word because you obviously don't know the meaning. Maybe the 1940' or 1960's Americans followed the government?? Wow,... show more Sweety Pie: No, I don't care for Americans to show remorse for Mexicans. I really would rather them show them some respect, instead of scapegoating them. You need to look up that word because you obviously don't know the meaning.

Maybe the 1940' or 1960's Americans followed the government?? Wow, you know nothing about U.S. History. You really need to go finish your G.E.D.

And you know what? I am not even Mexican, yet I have a lot of compassion for them. Its ignorant Americans like you who lack an education, and make the dumb comments about them that really make Americans look bad.