NJ Gold asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Is now a good time to sell shares of McDonald's Corp. (MCD)?

Favorite Answer

I think it might be, with unemployment going up and the economy slowing down. I use coefficient of variation sometimes to pick stocks and it seems to be going up for MCD.

I would say hold it because it's still outperforming its industry, sector and the market and it doesn't look to be turning down.

If anything it looks like a good time to buy more with a quick move back up to $60.

Fundamentally the P/E ratio is on par with its 5 yr growth rate, so it doesn't seem overvalued.

If you are looking to take profit, as I said earlier, wait till it gets to $60 and then reevaluate

NEVER SELL McDonalds.

The realestate they own alone is worth more than their stock price.

You really have to watch that, realestate doesnt get accounted for at market value so it often gets overlooked.

McDonalds has talked about spinning off their realestate assets into a separate company which would mean BIG $$$s for shareholders.

if you've made a profit then it's a good time.