How much does it cost to travel to europe?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What I have found as I have been traveling every 8-12 months to Europe is that if you watch the flights you can get to Belgium for 450-600. (granted that is from the midwest) That is you have to do your due diligence on watching fares. Once you get there you can use either the train which is wonderful but can be hard to maneuver for first timers or you can use...www.europebyair.com We have used them and LOVE it. You can go anywhere they fly for 99.00 a leg. It's fabulous. Now you do have to pay the taxes when you get your ticket issued at the airport. The most we paid in taxes was 60 euros a piece.

If you want to say go to Paris you can do that by train and that is about 70 - 80 euros for the fast train. That by the way is 1st class. It's a little over an hour train.

Brussels and Frankfurt are hubs of many airlines for Europe. We have always flown into Brussels because the fare generally is cheaper. London can be a less expensive fare BUT London is EXPENSIVE. The dollar to pound is much worse than the dollar to euro.

If you do not have a passport and are planning to go soon please give yourself at least 3-4 months before leaving. This will also save you money for the passport. (about 100 per person approximately) If you are planning to go in the next year go ahead and apply for the passport and have that on hand.

Hope this has helped. Have a fabulous time!! Bon voyage

Source(s): www.europebyair.com
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tickets I've seen have been in the neighborhood of $1200 plus or minus a few hundred. The real kicker is the cost of stuff over there now that the dollar has tanked for the last few years. Traveling may require some creativity. When we visited Norway (more expensive than the rest of europe) we ate a lot out of supermarkets and the garbage. Just the supermarket. Going out was too much.

• 1 decade ago

At this time of year, airfare to Germany may cost as low as 700$. It would probably be over 1000 in the summer though. The UK is very expensive, prices can be double that in the US. A poorly-managed hotel in central London may be 160$ per night. Scandinavia is also pretty expensive. Prices in Continental Europe, like Germany are reasonable, and pretty cheap in Eastern Europe (Poland, Slovakia, Romania...). Bread in Bulgaria costs under a dollar. A good hotel in a beutiful town in rural Germany can cost just 50$ a night.

• 1 decade ago

Traveling to Europe need not be too costly even though the dollar is in bad shape relative to the Euro. I spend 2 months a year in Europe traveling and enjoying wonderful places but I don't spend the kind of money the average traveler spends. Believe me it isn't necessary to stay in big hotels and I don't use youth hostels or campgrounds either. A 4 star hotel runs and average of $3,400. for one week in Paris, but a small family hotel can be found for about $500. or an apartment for about $700. Affordable travel is easy if you know how. Check the source below.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I have few friends in Germany who came here in October as echange students and one invited me to stay at his house in

Frankfurt, Germany if I ever wanted to visit so I kept in contact and I have planned my trip I'm leaving January 31 and staying a week and a half..I bought my ticket 30 days in advnace and my ticket with 25$ travel insurance was $402.00... I don't have to pay for hotel and not for food either so I'm just going with about 600$ or 425 Euro.... So I'm doing it for under 1000 $ but my trip isn't that long and I'm only going to tour Frankfurt

• 1 decade ago

I am going in May to Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands. My airfare to Europe and back(round-trip) was $1,400. That is in Economy class. It's pretty expensive but if you book about 8 months in advance you can get it cheaper.

• 1 decade ago

i went on a cruise to europe. personally i have no idea on how much it cost because my parents took care of it. im guessing with the cruise and plane a little over 7000 but im not sure.

Source(s): life
  • 4 years ago

80€/night for an acceptable hotel in europe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.