Do girls get called by military recruiters?

If so then how was your experience? As I guy, I am annoyed because I have my own life, I am doing well in school. I don't want to kill anyone, I rather go dating, hanging with friends, and going to school. SO do they call you girls?

Thanks and happy 2008.

Favorite Answer

Constantly. Back in the 80's when I was in high school, our local town recruiter first started bugging me during my junior year because he "noticed" that I hadn't registered for the draft. He kept pointing out that I was a high school junior and therefore almost 18. I kept pointing out that I was only 15 and FEMALE (my name is gender-neutral). Then he kept nagging me about how I had "no future" other than the military and I needed to make a decision because graduation was approaching. I said "uh, dude, what about......college?". He told me that wasn't an option for me (???). This guy used to call about every other month and we would have the same conversation every time. This type of crap happens when you live in a small town. I even had to put up with this for a couple of years whenever I came home from college on breaks.

I still occasionally get bugged by the recruiters that hang out at the mall. They throw attitude when I say that I have a JOB and I don't figure on taking a $75K paycut just to run around in fatigues all day. Then when I'm tired of all the attitude, I show them my license and point out that I'm too old to enlist. That usually shuts them up.

I get called by recruiters all the time, but I don't think they call girls.

Yes only once, but I told them off. I said, I have a family and a career, I will never leave them and get sent off to Iraq

yes, i got a call yesterday actually.

yep

yea!