If Barak Obama or Hillary Clinton wins the nomination?

If Barak Obama or Hillary Clinton wins the nomination, do you think it would be a good idea for whoever loses the nomincation to join the ticket with the winner?

Best Answer

Yes. A Clinton Obama ticket is the strongest ticket.

Also the Vice President is in a strong position to win the Presidency for 8 years following a term as Vice president for 8 years.

The Democratic candidates will win by huge landslides.

The republicans have bungled to job so badly, I cannot see the voters giving the Republicans another chance at power for at least 20 to 30 years.

This is what happened to the Republicans after they bungled the economy and brought on the world wide depression of the 1930's.

The Republicans did not get another shot att he Presidency until 1952 when Dwight Eisenhower won the election for President. Even then the only reason that Eisenhower won is that he was a war hero.

The Republicans have blown it again the same way they did in the 1930's when the caused the Great Depression.

A Clinton Obama ticket will give us the best candidates to fix the mess the Republicans have made for the next 16 years.

Source(s): My experience. Over 40 years in Democratic Politics.

As somebody else said, it would be good for Republicans if Hillary Clinton is on the ticket because more than 50% of Americans hate her with a vengeance and another 25% are leery of her, and it's got nothing to do with gender, but a combination of message, presentation, personal baggage (lots of scandals in her background not even involving her husband) and an air of superiority.

• Hmmm . . . this is a thought-provoking question, but my answer is no.

Typically the vice-president "balances" the ticket and provides something the candidate for president does not. For example, Cheney was seen as adding Washington and foreign-policy experience to the ticket with Bush 43.

Both Obama and Clinton would probably need someone from the south or west, and someone with a little more executive experience. I think Bill Richardson would be a good VP for either of them!

i dont think Obama would want to be VP if Hillary wins and vice versa. but Obama/Edwards ticket would definitely be more likely.

Republicans most definitely want Hillary to win because they would have a better chance at winning the presidency. a lot of people hate Clinton

A good question. At this point, its toosoon tosay. I'm not particularly suportive of the idea, however. Personally, I would suport a ticket with both of them-my concern is pruely based on the advisability of the move.

We've already seen history made--a black man and a woman as viable candidaates for the Presidency. We will probably see one of them as the nominee--and as the next President. This is a major turning point in history. I simply am concerned tha ttrying to do too much too fast may endanger what is already gained.

Let's wait and see. That decision won't be made for 7 months--time enough to judge based on how the campaign develops.

If Hillary wins I will have to vote for a Republican. I am not yet sure about Obama - they both favor Comprehensive Immigration Reform which gives amnesty to illegal aliens!

Yes,please do that. It would confirm that the party of smart people is the Republican Party.

Remember most of the people that bow to the God of Man Made Global Warming are Democrats.

Climate Researchers tend to be Republican

I think Obama & Edwards have already discussed this situation personally, the way they went after Hillary in Saturdays debate and the way they kept complimenting each other. I think they definately have something brewing. An Obama/Edwards or Edwards/Obama ticket will be a pretty popular one.

It doesn't matter...neither is electable. There will be a landslide victory in November for the Republican party not only in the presidential race but the upcoming House and Senate elections. Get your crying towels ready!

Yeah why not.I think t would be pretty cool to see Hillary as president and Obama as Vice President.