Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Top Southern Baptist college/university?

where on the east coast may I find a very affordable yet very on fire for God Southern Baptist college/university?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • xo379
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

There aren't many in the North East...but in Florida there is the Baptist College of Florida and Palm Beach Atlantic University...The Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary is in Maryland...that's pretty much it on the East Coast.

You could go to a regular college and just join a religious club...

• 3 years ago

the two faiths finally have faith interior an identical issues. they are the two Christian. the two faiths nicely known salvation by using Christ's crucifixion, the two faiths have faith in an all-powerful god. Now the two disagree on the greater superficial aspects of religion. maximum severely, baptists take the Bible by way of fact the literal and unquestionable be conscious of God. They study it therefor, it truly is genuine. Catholics study the Bible as oftentimes a metaphor, something that needs to be interpreted. to no longer distinctive from fixing a riddle. This distinction in interpretation ends up in many diffused ameliorations. Transubstantiation, by ability of St. Thomas Aquinas' reason, is a mix of theological interpretation and Aristotelian good judgment. Baptists reject transubstantiation, by way of fact it is not, be conscious for be conscious, interior the Bible. this theory is a trend between the two faiths and on their disagreements. additionally worth of no longer, as nicely he limitless particularly diffused ameliorations, their is a extensive distinction between non secular tone amoung the two faiths. As i'm particular you could tell in simple terms from the responces, Catholics look much less confrontational, at the same time as the Baptists look greater agressive. This stands to reason that a faith it truly is predicated of absolutes would be slightly greater fanatical and much less accepting of ameliorations. at the same time as maximum of Catholicism slightly recognizes the smaller Protesant denominations. in reality, maximum Europeans have by no ability heard of a widespread Baptist. So thats truly the conflict in a simplistic nut shell. i might additionally choose to be conscious that the Catholic Church has an exceptionally beneficial relationship with Anglicans, Lutherans, and the jap Orthodox faiths. thrilling to be conscious, none of those faiths take the Bible actually eather. each and every person of those faiths have their disagreements, inspite of the undeniable fact that it truly is frequently greater theological and much less fanatical, interior the admired era besides. As a Catholic, I would desire to assert that no faith is punctiliously suited or thoroughly incorrect. and that i think of it truly is immportant and morally suited to appreciate the Baptist faith, inspect their ideals and honor its finer factors at the same time as rejecting is worse traits. i truly desire all faiths would desire to respectfully disagree, yet they cant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.