why does the snow melt near the trees first?

Favorite Answer

trees release heat

snow is white it has a nearly 100% refractive effect from the surface area. Tree trunks are dark so the have a very high heat absobtion rate. This in turn causes the Sun's heat to bounce off of the surface of the snow and be absorbed by the tree trunk, the tree heats up and radiates heat out ward in 360 degrees (around the base of the trunk) causing the snow there to melt first.

The branches overhead make it so there is less snow to begin with. Next to the tree there is a good water supply and this could make the ground slightly more moist which could cause the snow to melt faster.

less snow falls there when it snows because the trees r blocking it and when it gets warm the layer of snow isn't as thick and melts faster

I think it is because trees suck up water from the ground and water melts snow. It rained recently and the snow by my house melted. BooHoo:(

• Ralph

The dark bark adsorbs more heat from the sun and it is radiated out to melt snow.

Trees cut the wind and force turbulent air around the tree, air warm or cold air carries the moisture away.

Source(s): I've been working full time at a ski resort in north carolina for 10 years trust me I know melting snow
  • fittje

I had in basic terms have been given into fishing in 2009. In iciness 2010 I purely fished for trout. I used weights ability bait the Moldable dough and fireballs. submit to in techniques it replaced into iciness. there replaced into snow on the floor and that i might continually seize fish. easily caught my best, a 29 inch trout. in basic terms 5 inches under the state checklist right here in Colorado.

Because the ground underneath the tree is warmer

the oxygen coming off the tree gives it soo much oxygen that its warm so that its thiner snow and melting quickly