Does any Republican have a chance of winning the general elections other than Ron Paul?

Believe me, if Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican Party nomination, I'm 2000% sure that the Republican nominee won't stand a chance against his Democratic rival. I really can't understand how on earth do people expect candidates like Romney, Huckabee, McCain or Giuliani to be America's next leader.

I genuinely believe that in order for the Republicans to stay in power, they must rally under Ron Paul's banner, for not only will he get the Republicans' votes along with many Democrats too, but I believe he'll have a monopoly of the votes of the Independents.

Also, the establishment must be wise enough to understand that the war in Iraq, the "terrible" economic problems we're facing, along with the issue of the illegal immigrants need a basic change in the form of the Ron Paul revolution.

To all Republicans that reject Ron Paul, do you honestly believe that your candidate will ever have a chance to be America's next president? Truly?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Unfortunately, there are still a tremendous amount of people who have never heard of Ron Paul since the media has censored him and given him unfair coverage. I don't remember any time in the past that candidates were eliminated from coverage with as much biased coverage as we see for this election.

Giulliani was invited to the ABC Polls with something like 4% of the votes in Iowa. ABC added Ron Paul after the majority of the polls were in showing him at 10%. So who paid ABC to insure Giulliani was going to be televised before Ron Paul was approved for the debate? And why was Duncan Hunter excluded? This is in violation of the FCC. Dennis Kucinick has already filed a complaint with the FCC for the discriminating censorship of his appearance on ABC and FOX.

FOX is supposedly still having some kind of forum this evening where Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter were not invited even though Ron Paul received thousands more votes than Giulliani in Iowa.

So given the corrupt reporting and censorship of this degree for the first time in the history of televised elections, I wouldn't be surprised if people just don't know about Ron Paul. Many senior citizens do not have a computer or know how to use the internet. For those people, full page ads need to start running in their local newspapers prior to their primary/caucus so they can understand what Ron Paul can do to help them to have a better life.

The Iowa caucus is still not fully counted. Here are the counties still unreported and their current results.

Chickasaw

Candidate Votes % of votes

Mitt Romney 85: 26%

Mike Huckabee 78: 24%

John McCain 67: 20%

Fred Thompson 60: 18%

Ron Paul 31: 9%

Rudy Giuliani 7: 2%

Duncan Hunter 2: 1%

92% of precincts reporting

Clayton

Mitt Romney 152: 30%

Mike Huckabee 114: 22%

John McCain 82: 16%

Ron Paul 73: 14%

Fred Thompson 60: 12%

Rudy Giuliani 23: 5%

Duncan Hunter 3: 1%

93% of precincts reporting

Clinton

Mitt Romney 388: 35%

Mike Huckabee 268: 24%

John McCain 162: 15%

Fred Thompson 148: 13%

Ron Paul 108: 10%

Rudy Giuliani 29: 3%

Duncan Hunter 1: 0%

90% of precincts reporting

Fayette

Mike Huckabee 211: 33%

Mitt Romney 159: 25%

Fred Thompson 95: 15%

John McCain 88: 14%

Ron Paul 63: 10%

Rudy Giuliani 14: 2%

Duncan Hunter 3: 0%

96% of precincts reporting

Franklin

Mike Huckabee 160: 32%

Mitt Romney 111: 22%

Fred Thompson 78: 16%

Ron Paul 75: 15%

John McCain 54: 11%

Rudy Giuliani 17: 3%

Harrison

Mitt Romney 183: 35%

Mike Huckabee 167: 32%

Ron Paul 65: 12%

Fred Thompson 55: 10%

John McCain 44: 8%

Rudy Giuliani 14: 3%

92% of precincts reporting

Iowa

Mike Huckabee 199: 33%

Mitt Romney 150: 25%

Fred Thompson 106: 18%

Ron Paul 71: 12%

John McCain 36: 6%

Rudy Giuliani 33: 6%

Duncan Hunter 3: 1%

82% of precincts reporting

Johnson

Mitt Romney 1,248: 31%

Mike Huckabee 883: 22%

John McCain 611: 15%

Ron Paul 605: 15%

Fred Thompson 351: 9%

Rudy Giuliani 272: 7%

Duncan Hunter 10: 0%

98% of precincts reporting

Keokuk

Mike Huckabee 166: 42%

Mitt Romney 64: 16%

Ron Paul 56: 14%

Fred Thompson 54: 14%

John McCain 40: 10%

Rudy Giuliani 12: 3%

94% of precincts reporting

Lee

Mike Huckabee 284: 35%

Mitt Romney 192: 24%

Fred Thompson 128: 16%

John McCain 91: 11%

Ron Paul 91: 11%

Rudy Giuliani 15: 2%

Duncan Hunter 7: 1%

95% of precincts reporting

Marion

Mike Huckabee 1,136: 56%

Mitt Romney 301: 15%

Fred Thompson 263: 13%

John McCain 169: 8%

Ron Paul 148: 7%

Duncan Hunter 9: 0%

Rudy Giuliani 8: 0%

41% of precincts reporting

Monona

Mitt Romney 117: 36%

Mike Huckabee 95: 29%

Fred Thompson 50: 15%

John McCain 38: 12%

Ron Paul 20: 6%

Rudy Giuliani 8: 2%

Duncan Hunter 0: 0%

91% of precincts reporting

Polk

Mike Huckabee 8,039: 36%

Mitt Romney 5,263: 23%

John McCain 3,318: 15%

Fred Thompson 2,846: 13%

Ron Paul 1,998: 9%

Rudy Giuliani 912: 4%

Duncan Hunter 117: 1%

99% of precincts reporting

Winneshiek

Mitt Romney 201: 33%

Mike Huckabee 122: 20%

John McCain 108: 18%

Fred Thompson 91: 15%

Ron Paul 69: 11%

Rudy Giuliani 15: 2%

Duncan Hunter 2: 0%

Worth

Mike Huckabee 69: 39%

John McCain 39: 22%

Mitt Romney 35: 20%

Fred Thompson 27: 15%

Ron Paul 7: 4%

Rudy Giuliani 1: 1%

Duncan Hunter 1: 1%

89% of precincts reporting

Data from MSNBC who is thankfully giving us the option to see the results. They seem to be the most reliable source of information at this point in the election.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21228645

You may wonder why I am listing these incomplete reports. The reason is that it affects who is considered top tier candidates for the next primary/caucus.

Those who are in the top tier are the most reported and receive the most coverage by the news media. So why are the results from these precincts taking so long to be reported? Are they waiting to release the results after the New Hampshire primary to influence votes?

Back to your question: Anyone could win the election with the kind of biased reporting and lack of knowledge that we see at the moment. That could change, but it is clear that the "big boys" are protecting their corporate interests.

I am personally a supporter of Ron Paul and have donated to his campaign twice - I have never donated to any other campaign in the past. I truly believe that Ron Paul best represents our nation and our citizens with real Constitutional support. I don't want my tax dollars funding the war mongers, special interest groups or abortion. We need Ron Paul to save America from the demise of corporate and foreign interests and government spending on unconstitutional bills with hidden agendas.

If anyone was listening to McCain on Meet the Press this morning, they heard him say that he has no measure by which to correct the immigration issues and that he would have gone to war with Iraq even if no weapons of mass destruction had not been found because he didn't like Saddeim and what he was doing in his country and that Iraq broke some of the U.N. laws - even though the U.N. was against the war. He also said that he would continue building U.S. bases all over the world and saw nothing wrong with our troops remaining in Iraq for the next 100 years.

Ron Paul says:

"The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihadists themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves. The generosity of the American people has been felt around the globe. Many have thanked God for it, in many languages. Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations."

• 1 decade ago

For Ron Paul, read Ross Perot and Ralph Nader. He's a nut job whose sole purpose is to further divide the party. The dems are laughing at you.

Do I believe another Republican can win democrat votes? Yes, and it scares me....McCain. And that is from someone who VOTED for the s.o.b., because the alternatives were worse. I'd vote for Yertle the Turtle before electing Bruce Babbitt to be my senator, but that doesn't mean I want to see McCain in the White House.

Like most populists, you miss the point, which is to elect the best candidate for the job....not put up a candidate we think can just beat the dems. When Reagan was elected in 1980 and 1984, in record landslides, it wasn't the Republicans who put him there.....he carried 49 states in 1984 because the whole country felt he was the right man for the job, whether the dems who voted for him want to admit it or not.

Any Republican has a better chance at winning than Paul, because this country does not trust any democrat to protect the Constitution and the people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ron Paul has absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning the Presidency.

Ron Paul would be the easiest of all of The Republican candidates to beat.

As a matter of fact many of my fellow Democrats cross voted in the Iowa Republican caucuses for Ron Paul to mess up the Reublican results and also because Ron Paul would be the easiest Republican candidate for us to beat.

You Ron Paul people certainly generate a lot of spam don't you.

Source(s): My experience. Over 40 years in Democratic Politics.
  • 1 decade ago

Giuliani and McCain seem to be polling ahead of Clinton and Obama in the national polls. Where is Ron Paul?

Anyway nobody is going to go along with the elimination of many cornerstones of the welfare state like social security, medicare, medicaid, etc... Ron Paul would get burried for wanting to eliminate everything including the FBI, CIA, etc...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cinner
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

This is a joke, right? Of all the republican candidates Ron Paul has the SMALLEST chance of winning the White House. The guy has views that are from some far off distant planet. LOL! But I'll give it to you Paulites, you sure know how to run the pointless candidate into the ground.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Ron Paul does not make it on the ballot, and for as much as I hate to say this, but I will vote for Hillary. I really don't think any of the other republicans have a chance, because I think there are more democratic supporters out there, in my opinion.

• 1 decade ago

Honestly, he is the only republican candidate that actually makes conservatism attractive.

Modern conservatism has been moved way over to the authoritative (Big Government) side.

I'm glad theres someone like him to put the other candidates in their place during debates and he has done well in public speaking. He knows exactly what he stands for and does not change his views for any particular occasion. All of the other republican candidates use vague terms and rally peoples patriotic spirit to make them feel good about their political agenda.

• 1 decade ago

The only people who stand a chance against Dems this year are Ron Paul and possibly Mike Bloomberg. All the others are perceived as warmongers and tantamount to 4 more years of Bush.

• 1 decade ago

What makes you think America wants anything to be done about anything? Hasn't this been established for quite some time? They always get some shmuck in there who divides everyone and gets voted down his own policies or vetos ones that come from the other side. This is the way we want it.

• 1 decade ago

Ron Paul is a solid bet to win no more than 10% of the vote in any competitive election anywhere. Be careful with the koolaid!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Name anyone other than Ron Paul, and they have a chance to be America's next president!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.