Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

girls- how can you make your long hair shiny w/out rebonding?

Favorite Answer

Get a Nutri-Gloss Shampoo and conditioner it works like magic for me and my freinds.

Here are some other directions:

To my delight, the last time I got a haircut, I walked out of the salon with glossy, silky, smooth-as-glass locks framing my face. Never had my hair felt so soft nor looked so shiny! Seriously, it was love. And fortunately, I paid close attention to everything Joanna did and found some great products to replicate the effect!

Instructions

Difficulty: Moderate

Things You'll Need

Straightening shampoo

Straightening conditioner

Leave-in spray conditioner or detangler

Heat protecting hair serum

Volumizing mousse

Round styling brush

Hair clips

Hair dryer

Straightening iron

Hair spray

Steps

1Step One Click to enlargeBefore you even step in the shower, work any tangles out with a wide-tooth comb. While in the shower, wash with your favorite straightening shampoo. After rinsing out the shampoo, work in either Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner or Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. For extra silky hair, go with the mask!

2Step Two Click to enlargeBlot excess moisture from hair with a towel. Spritz on Sunsilk’s Therma Shine Detangling Spray and comb through.

3Step Three Click to enlargeApply an anti-frizz heat-protecting serum to the ends of the hair only. I recommend John Frieda’s Thermal Protection Hair Serum. Then apply a small dollop of volumizing mousse to the roots on the very top of your hair.

4Step Four Click to enlargeClip the top half of your hair up and begin drying the bottom half of your hair. In small sections, brush through and dry with a round styling brush. If you’ve ever gotten a round brush tangled in your hair, try Goody’s Ouchless Ceramic styling brush. It’s got a little button on top that completely retracts the bristles if you get snagged up.

5Step FiveTake down the top section of hair and dry. Add volume to the crown by blasting the roots with the dryer while holding hair up and taut with the brush.

6Step Six Click to enlargeAfter hair is dry, it’s time to pull out the big guns! All this time, I’ve been trying to run a curling iron through my hair to straighten it out. Evidently, a curling iron is better suited to add curl, while a straightening iron with smooth ceramic plates is the best tool to iron out all your kinks … who would’ve thought?? So I picked up the Conair Infiniti Solid Ceramic Straightener and am now addicted. Quickly run the iron over small sections of hair to instantly smooth frizzies and add shine.

7Step SevenFinish by spraying a little hairspray into your palms, and running lightly over the top layer of hair.

Source(s): me,ehow

I wash my hair with cold water after I shampoo and condition. This really works! Also, you can buy some shine serum, it is very inexpensive and it works great!!

get a shine serum. or an oil that you put on your ends after styling to make them shiny. i use Wella color preserve shine drops. i also use BEDHEAD afterparty. they both work great-dont make your hair greasy either. just use after styling. NEW TO NEW YORK'S right though, after washing it, you obviously use conditioner, you are supposed to rinse with colder water to make the conditioner do its job. if you use hot water on it, it kinda just rinses the conditioner right off your hair.

Source(s): cosmetologist

Try cold water. It works really well. Thats all I wash my hair in. I don't let hot water touch it and it gets very shiny.

Hair care products that give shine to your hair. I use Matrix brand. It cost you but works good. When you go to beauty saloon, ask your hair stylist. She/he can help you.

Apparantly if you run it under cold water it reduces frizz and increases shine. =]

i'm putting mayonnaise on my daughter's hair it seems it helps...

use olive oil..helps a lot!