Help with bank garnishment!!!?

Hello, and I am writing regarding a bank garnishment, which was from 2001. I am currently out of the country and have been on and off the past two years working. I did not receive any papers regarding this garnishment. And when I called home my family read a letter saying my bank had been garnishment. It... show more Hello,
and I am writing regarding a bank garnishment, which was from 2001. I am currently out of the country and have been on and off the past two years working. I did not receive any papers regarding this garnishment. And when I called home my family read a letter saying my bank had been garnishment. It was a joint account of my moms and I. They also seized my daughters account. When I was home in September, trying to clean up my credit, I contacted old debts and wanted paper work regarding the ammount and what was it and proof. Never received this. I also informed them I will be leaving back out of the country so could they please send me documentation. The debt was also from Ohio and I currently am a resident in Arizona. It said file a dispute. Which I did, but want to know my rights and how do I go to court when I work out of the country and live in Arizona and have to go to court in Ohio. Also funds that were taking from the account were payments for