ASPERGERS what do you think?

I have Aspergers and felt quite sad when a close friend said to me, it must be hard having a mental disorder. I also realized that this seems to be the place people place and ask questions about Aspergers, under Mental Disorder (hence I have). But I believe Our 'symptoms' are in fact ourselves, not some... show more I have Aspergers and felt quite sad when a close friend said to me, it must be hard having a mental disorder.
I also realized that this seems to be the place people place and ask questions about Aspergers, under Mental Disorder (hence I have).
But I believe Our 'symptoms' are in fact ourselves, not some unfortunate illness we suffer. We are unique individuals which the so-called 'normal' world underestimate and even despise, but often do not try to understand. We have been made to believe in a stereotype of 'normality' for our children, and to panic, fear and react when our offspring don't achieve. Far to often its the associated conditions we need help with, but the NT's continue to blame our Autism Spectrum Disorders for everything!
Maybe we need to stop trying to get our children to conform and let them be who they are, stop trying to change them and educate society that there is in fact a whole group of people who are just different...
HOW DO YOU VIEW ASPERGERS ?
www.asplanet.info