d-link wireless usb adapter,no internet?

i just recently bought a D-link wireless USB adapter(WUA-1340)

I followed the instructions carefully.I installed the drive correctly.

And I've tried reinstalling several times.It can't even find any internet connections,and the router in my house is in the room next to mine.

And also,I have recently reformatted my computer a couple days ago.I was having quite a bit of problems because of that too.Maybe it could be the cause too,or maybe not.

(im using a desktop)

please tell me anything helpful I could do to fix this.thanks..

Favorite Answer

there are many kinds of wireless or any wireless gadgets...

in order t work it has to be the same...

there are wireless g, b, and a... and there have different channels...

or maybe its just your router... try accessing it.. and enable its wireless feature...

You need to configure your receiver (USB adapter) to your router's signal. If you set up your router correctly, it should be WPA encrypted and it should have a KEY, like 32 character code or something.

So is your wireless hub hooked up to a computer? You set up the hub on the computer, generating a key, and then any computer which you want to have access to needs to use that same key.

It could be driver problem or sometime the adapter needs firmware update. Call Dlink tech support on 1877-453-5465.