Fantasy Book Options?

I just recently finished reading Maximum Ride (look it up if you don't know what it is - it's about a group of kids who are part bird and are running from this evil company that wants them back so they can torture them with experimentation - yes, the classic rp that is on most RPG forums), and I'm... show more I just recently finished reading Maximum Ride (look it up if you don't know what it is - it's about a group of kids who are part bird and are running from this evil company that wants them back so they can torture them with experimentation - yes, the classic rp that is on most RPG forums), and I'm waiting for the next book to come out (March 17 - please answer even after that date). In the meantime, I'm looking for a book similar to that book, as in:
1.our world - not some other universe.
2.present day - like, not way into the future or past
3.anything about kids who are mutants
4.anything about someone trying to stay hidden

If you can't find something anywhere close to that, just get me a fantasy book that is actiony (can have romance) and adventurous.

Yes, I know that I am a picky reader, but I've read so many books that I desperately need a new book (or series) to read. If any of you out there has an answer, please speak up now.