Eric Johnson or Stevie Ray Vaughan?

In an all out "everything's bigger in Texas" guitar battle.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Eric! Not knocking SRV , but Eric does it for me. He has a myriad of tones, and when he plays, he's just so smooth with it. He's complex with chords when need be , but also has some simple idea stuff that not many people think of playing. If he wanted to (and has) he could give serious shredders a run for their money, and make it look twice as easy. It's easy to see both Stevie and Eric studied Hendrix in depth , but Stevie mostly copped the Hendrix thing , ...Eric took it to a whole different level....

• 1 decade ago

Stevie Ray Vaughn

• 1 decade ago

Stevie Ray!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eric Johnson is a very very good guitarist. A master of his craft. He is the guy you your wouldn't mind dating your sister. Kind, considerate, well-mannerd.

But SRV played like he was having sex, like he was consumed with something that he didn't want to talk about, like he might have once met the devil in the back of a juke joint on the outskirts of town and never told anyone about it.. yeah, as long as he stays away from my sister, he gets my vote. The guy simply played like his life depended on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

SRV of course. I have alot of respect for Eric Johnson but have you ever heard rude mood!!

• 1 decade ago

thats a no brainer!! SRV. Lenny, Rivera Paradise,Little Wing,Tin Pan Alley and the list goes on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Technical skill? - Eric Johnson

Heart and Soul? - SRV

I consider the latter to be more important in music - ESPECIALLY the blues.

• 1 decade ago

Not a contest SRV timeless, Johnson's stuff is already past it's sell-by date.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

stevie ray vaughan!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have to vote for S.R.V. I saw him live in concert in 1989 and he was great.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.