Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you think the banks should open on Sundays?

I didnt manage to get into the bank today - now Ive got to queue up and waste my lunch break on monday.

Everyone else opens on Sunday - why not the banks ??

Update:

I wouldnt mind - but the queues at lunch time are so bad - I know I'll be there for a good 30 minutes at least. And half my lunch break gone.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

they should be open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week....

cos they just should!

• Kerry
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I bank at Commerce and they are open Sundays 11-5. Nice for busy people. My favorite Minor League Baseball team plays at Commerce Park, a beautiful little stadium. That doesn't hurt either!

• 1 decade ago

I don't think the bank should open on Sunday's. Atm's can handle most of the transactions. Or Some Banks have Branch's in the Grocery stores and they are open on Sundays. If you have a SD box you are trying to get to sorry you will need your main bank for that.

• Adam B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Change to one that opens later in the afternoon some days. Wouldn't wish sunday working on anyone myself.

I can't wait for Banks to treat weekends as normal for the clearing cycle though... why does it take so long for electronically transferred money and cheques to credit your account...? 5 days if a weekend falls between! Now that IS something Banks need to address!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know this is pathetic, the most important aspects that control everyone's lives like money, utilities and health ARE ALL CLOSED FOR SUNDAY!! and we're supposed to live in a '24 hour society' yeah right! That's why I can go to tesco's and buy a thousand different varieties of olive oil at 3 in the morning or go bowling at midnight but if my electricity runs out Im Fuc*ed!! DUMB WORLD...

• 1 decade ago

The banks should also be open when I get out of work at 5.

-Joe

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yep, some banks actually do that. however in that location the liquor store isn't open on Sundays. Those two action just don't seem to go together very well

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes I think banks should be open on Sundays because it's so stupid that there not

• 1 decade ago

Oh my goodness NO! I don't even think the stores should be open on Sundays! (Yes I know I'm a dinosaur in my view)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's actually a really good point now that you mention it,

But as they make enough profit even the banks need a day off.

Thank you :)

I much prefer an ATM.

• 1 decade ago

No way. My son works in a bank and it is bad enough he has to work every other Saturday. It wasn't that long ago that banks shut at 3.30pm so count yourself lucky that they are open Saturday mornings. Would you want to work on a Sunday????? No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.