Any hotels, malls, fun thing to do near Portland Amtrak Station in Oregon?

Hello, how are you? Im from California, and I am planning to visit Portland in Oregon by taking a Amtrak train on the second week of Feburary for few days. so, I was wondering, since I am new to Portland, do you know any hotels, malls, fun activities nearby the Amtrak Station? Secondly, is the train station... show more Hello, how are you?

Im from California, and I am planning to visit Portland in Oregon by taking a Amtrak train on the second week of Feburary for few days. so, I was wondering, since I am new to Portland, do you know any hotels, malls, fun activities nearby the Amtrak Station?

Secondly, is the train station nearby Downtown Portland? Portland International Airport?

Lastly, since Im just visiting there for few days, Im interested to visit the state capital, which is Salem, and Im interested in taking the train but I dont have a clue :(. Do you know which train to get there? Is it free? How long to arrive?

Thank you for your time to read this :)
*10 points for best answer!