Are you diabetic?

Is anyone diabetic? Yes or no? I am and it stinks so I want to know if anyone else is!! So please answer me..oh TYPE 1 DIABETES not TYPE 2

Favorite Answer

Yes. Type one for 21 years. It stinks sometimes. But....look at it this way. What other disease can be controlled with good diet and exercise and of course insulin. I have no complications and great circulation. Do the right things and eat healthy and exercise and you stand the chance of living a long and very healthy life.

Source(s): Type one for 21 years. Using an insulin pump for diabetes treatment.

1

Source(s): The Complete Diabetes Solution - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?WQva
  • A Bean

Type 1 for 37 yrs. Wish I were type 2!! The insulin reactions, along with the convulsions, confusion and black outs, the diabetic coma, the complications, the 13lb baby (I'm 5'4" 109lbs), the damn insulin pump that's attached to me 24 freakin hours a day that malfunctions and gets air bubbles that could kill me, the HAVING to test all the time to make sure I'm not so low I could kill someone, before the pump it was 6 to 8 shots a day, the fact that I wanted more then 1 child but cannot.

In my opinion type 1 and type 2 are two completely different diseases. Have a few friends who are type 2 and their problems are controlled strictly by diet and PILLS. They have to cut back on carbs. For type 1 it is the diet, exercise, stress, insulin amounts, food amounts, etc, etc.

I don't wish either form of this disease on anyone. I just wish people would realize how serious type 1 is. In my 37 years I've been to 22 funerals for YOUNG type 1 diabetics who had no idea that when they fell asleep that would be the end. Try living with that. IT SUCKS!

I am diabetic type 2. I take 1000 miligrams a day of Metformin to help control my sugar. My last report by my Dr. was good. It was well under control.

I found out if I got off regular soft drinks and went diet I could control my sugar levels. I check my sugar levels 2 times a day.

If you can find a good diabetic Dr, where you live and make sure you keep on a diet.

As far as diet goes just eat small portions and you can eat 4 small meal a day and you can always have a snack.

Join some diabetic groups. There are a lot of them on the web.

Good luck.

David

Source(s): personal

Actually my daughter just learned that she has type 1. She is 9 years old. And yes it does! Are you a kid too? how long have you had it? she has had it for 3 weeks now! If your a kid maybe you can become email pals, she needs someone that she can talk to besides grownups. Her name is Crystal and an email address you can reach her at is..... jammero69@yahoo.com Just put the subject to Crystal.

Also on another note. Most people think they have type 1 but actually have type 2. Type 1 you have to have shots you have no choice (well some type of shots) type 2 can be treated with Diet, pills, or shots. Also it is really rare for adults to get type 1 but really common for type 2.

Source(s): Mom of Crystal
  • Cammie

Yes, I have had type 2 diabetes for over 20 yrs.

My daughter has had type 1 since she was 2 years old. That was 15 years ago.

I am type 2.

No, but one of my really good friends have type 1 diabetes.

I was diagnosed with type 1 in 2003 when I was 15

Yep, I am a Type 2. On Byetta, the injections. Check my blood sugar 2-3 times a day. Last blood test was awesome according to my doctor. I was only diagnosed year ago.