Will Obama support Israel????

as a muslim....what does obama think about israel

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he is a christianj-muslim roots confuing huh! he will not support the isreali jews and damnation will fall upon the u.s. as the bible says

• 1 decade ago

Barack Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim. And it's American policy to protect Israel in the event of an invasion, so I wouldn't worry so much about it.

In fact, the biggest threat Israel faces is from a destabilized Middle East, which the current situation in Iraq would contribute to. Obama, with his plan to pull out of Iraq, would actually benefit Israel substantially more than a right-wing hawk hell-bent on staying in Iraq for the next few decades.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama would support Israel i believe, but remain more of a mediator to achieve peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis as a president. Personally I do not believe he will be Israel inclined to the extent that President Bush currently is, but instead will be along a more impartial path.

As a Christian, and a president, he has to see the views from both angles, and also maintain the longtime ties that Israel has with America.

• 1 decade ago

If you are truly interested in facts about him and not your radical chain emails, the link below will explain his true positions on every issue imaginable. And yes he does support Israel. Consider this quote:

"nobody has suffered more than the Palestinian people from the failure of the Palestinian leadership to recognize Israel, to renounce violence, and to get serious about negotiating peace and security for the region. Israel is the linchpin of much of our efforts in the Middle East."

The Israeli newspaper "Haaretz" ...also notes that during the 2006 Israel-Lebanon war, Obama was careful to defend Israel's right to defend itself against Hezbollah's attacks.

Keep in mind that Obama is a current member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. So he is obviously fully aware of every foreign issue of interest to the United States and the best way to approach these issues.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Yes, he's repeatedly stated his support for Israel. However, on the other side of the coin, a president that sought the UN is also wise, and not anti-Israel.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have my doubts that he will. IF he's elected and IF he then does not support Israel, the latter will be in line with the prophesies.

• 1 decade ago

Obama is not a Muslim. Even if he were, it doesn't matter. Religion does not make one a terrorist. Extremism does. There are Christian extremists who are terrorists (blowing up clinics, for example). Obama is a Christian. Why are you so racist?

• Mother
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No. He is not a fan of supporting the Jewish state of Israel. He is all for supporting the Muslim countries Sudan and Kenya.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jose...I have seen you post at least 10 negative questions/answers about Sen Barack Obama..HE IS A CHRISTIAN...unless you are not able to read the english on the other thread you posted this same nonsense. ...you are not only going to be reported...maybe you should be deported.

Source(s): getalife.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in political theory, state acts according to its interests, also called "realism". so, your president has to act like this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.