How to cure extreme shyness?

I have big problems with normal social interactions. For example, whenever I see a teacher I know walking in my direction, I always hide in order to avoid a small talk. I know nothing bad can happen to me but I am still affraid of small talks when this kind of situation arises, even if I like the teacher. The same... show more I have big problems with normal social interactions. For example, whenever I see a teacher I know walking in my direction, I always hide in order to avoid a small talk. I know nothing bad can happen to me but I am still affraid of small talks when this kind of situation arises, even if I like the teacher. The same thing often happen with family members other than my parents.

Whenever somebody asks me questions about myself (what are my hobbies for example), I often do not know how to answer and become affraid of not answering.

I am also extremely affraid of calling somebody over the phone. I have absolutely no problems sending an email or an SMS to anyone and I actually really like that way because it is stressless, but whenever I have to call directly somebody I freack out and hope they won't answer. Writting an email is so much easier for some reasons.

I believe I am affraid of social interactions to a certain extant. How can I solve that problem?