apollo missions?

how many apollo missions were there?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There were 15 manned flights of the Apollo spacecraft from 1968 to 1975.

Apollo 7 to Apollo 17 (11 missions) were all associated with the lunar landing program, six of which included a visit to the lunar surface. Apollo spacecraft were also used to transport astronauts to and from Skylab (3 missions), and in 1975 came the final Apollo flight as part of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, a joint US-USSR mission.

Prior to the manned missions, the Apollo Command and Service Module had flown into space in four unmanned missions. There were also numerous unmanned booster tests, escape tower tests, and a lunar module test that were all considered part of the Apollo program, as well as the manned ground test that killed astronauts Grissom, Chaffe, and White in a fire and became known as Apollo 1.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Apollo 7 and 9 were Earth orbit equipment prove out missions. Apollo 8, 10, and 13 went to the Moon but did not land. Apollo 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16, 17 were all lunar landing missions. There were 3 Apollo/Skylab missions and 1 Apollo/Soyuz mission in Earth orbit. That makes 15 Apollo spacecraft missions 6 landed on the Moon. Some would also count Apollo 1 where the three men died on the launch pad.

• 1 decade ago

I recall that there has been 12 men on the moon. 2 per mission, Apollo 10-17 Apollo 13 did not land so 6 missions.

• 1 decade ago

13 to 15

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont know...all i know is that apollo 11 was when we landed on the moon...and apollo 13 was a failed attempt to land on the moon

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.