India not to lodge protest...?

Tean India will not lodge an official complaint with match referee Mike Proctor even though thet are "disappointed that some of the umpiring decisions could have an impact on the outcome of the match".

India have been at the recieving end of some very poor supervision in the Sydney test with both on-field umpires,Steve Bucknor of the West Indies and Mark Benson of England making several dubious decisions on the first two days of the game.

The BCCI had asked the team management to lodge an official complain with the match refree so that the matter could be taken uo at the ICC level.The team management has decided against doing so.

What is your personal opinion about this?

Update:

Guys India has decided AGAINST doing so...(they are not lodging a complain)

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is not done .... v should have complained/otherwise it will be repeated again...

Source(s): To do wrong is a mistake..... To tolerate it is a blunder....
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

There have been a number of complaints on this cricketing forum, allegedly about umpiring decisions that didn't go India's way...while the Umpire's authority is held as supreme and no player on field should question it -even when the umpire has made a mistake - a few facets of this game beg a review. While I'm not certain about the 100% accuracy of following points (since I don't watch TV), they seem to be on the list of major complaints.

1. Indian bowlers receive MORE violation notices for LBW appeals...whereas Aus bowlers such as Brett Lee are known to be even worse with their facial expressions and hand gestures...why do they not get as many warnings...isn't it fair to say some umpires may be biased against Indian bowlers..maybe Mike Procter...maybe Steve Bucknor..

2. Yuvraj Singh was chastised by Mike Procter for staying in his crease after being dismissed...whereas Ponting has done the same...so has Michael Clarke but they were not given the same treatment

3. It was also unsportsmanlike of Ponting for having not walked away from crease despite being the ball flicking to his bat and into the slips (1st Test). Sachin Tendulkar, in contrast is very gentleman-like and would volunteer to proceed out in such an event.

--

As you can see bad umpiring decisions are seen in these slow, and subtle areas of this current India-Aus series. We really need to address this issue and do something about it for future games.

If the 3 incidents I mentioned above are true...(as I said I'm not 100% sure), it would indicate there is very "mild" and "subtle" racism against India in these series.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with the management on this because these kind of decisions should not be made in international cricket especially when technolgy is available for ready use,

Symonds was give 3 new lifes and he went on to score about 150 odd runs, what is even more disturbing to watch is that one of this life was given by the 3rd umpire itself when he has all the kind of technology and that Bukhnor gave him a life when he did not refer a decision to the 3rd umpire, today also Hussey was given a new life only because of the umpires,

like in tennis i think that cricketers must also be given about 3 appeals per 25 overs or some thing like that, these decisions could have a impact on the game , if symonds was given out early then maybe Australia wouldn't have reached even 200, then it would have been a walk in the park for India,

• 1 decade ago

Don't blame the umpires, blame the ICC for not allowing greater use of replay technology.

It is crazy that I, watching at home, have better evidence of what happened than the umpire who makes the decisions.

The human eye is simply not reliable enough and the replays prove this. They are available, so why not use them?

The ICC need to show some courage and widen the use of the third umpire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I say Not a very smart move by team India..

This is being happening with subcontinent teams for like 5-7 years..

and in last 3-4 years the activities of poor umpiring has increased at a great volume..

Its not tht we giving any excuses for our loss but Pakistan on foreign tours have become one of the foremost victim of poor umpiring..

in England 2006 tour:

Bell edged the ball to the wicket keeper and Collingwood was caught on silly midoff.. the camera replay showed them out but umpires were not interested.. later both of them scored century and England won..

in the next game Pakistan could have easily won..

they got rid of Andrew Strauss on few runs but didnt gave..

later he alone scored a century and took England's score 200+..

and Ball tampering Issue..

similarly in South Africa..

even the South African cricketers accepted that it was the worst umpiring that could have ever done.. clear cut leg befores not given..

and now same thing is happening with India..

Andrew Symonds accepted that he got out at fewer runs..

but Umpire didnt gave him out..

he scored century and India lost..

I dont understnad why Pakistan and India dont call for any action against poor umpiring even after having all the proofs..

what better proof they can get than action replays:s..!!

• 1 decade ago

I am also very much surprised at the decision of team management not to lodge official complaint, when there were clear cases of wrong decisions by the umpires. I do not know what are they afraid of in lodging the complaint.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Another example of india's trepidation and timidity .

Buddha's influence has been carried too far.

Indian fear of even talking of victim.

Indain team is conditioned by experience of indian police , where complainants are called N number of time to police station only to be told at the end of the day sahib has gone home, come tomorrow , only to be told next day the same.

Indian team management need to be assured that ICC hearing is not like Indian courts.

Indian team do not dodge the lodge of protest.

It may happen some one will file PIL Indain honor has been compromised by the team management and criminal action in the form of NBW be issued

Source(s): gk
  • 1 decade ago

One must report it...BCCI should take a strict stand on this issue .. this always happens with India only... and Buckner is always the main culprit.

Nice point raised Rucha... I have given a star to you...

Keep Smiling :) Happy New Year !

Love ,

Sandy

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hi

I think they Understand Umpires are Human and They are prone to errors

Cheers

• 1 decade ago

I think yes, they should appeal. After all, nobody likes poor umpiring decisions as they can be very frustrating///

• 1 decade ago

well, indians had complaint to BCCI but they r not taking action........well,i think that indians boards are not good,instead of helping indians..to complain to ICC,.................they are telling indian players to compromise..and play it..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.