promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what does fangirl and fanboy mean?

i have heard the term used before but im not quite sure what it means is it a bad name or is it good a definition would b great.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The definition of a fanboy/fangirl is "A person who has a compulsive dedication to a videogame series, anime series, and/or music artist and is often said to be "drooling". "

Basically you know someones a fangirl/fanboy when they are truly, truly dedicated to one thing. However some fangirls/fanboys take it too far! This is usually when they start claiming things for themselves.

For example, classic annoying fangirl: "OMG, I love [insert anime character here]! He is so cute, but he's mine so all you other girls can forget about him! I love him XD"

Hehe, here's a funny fangirl story --- Seriously no joke, I was on this site called Quizilla and some chick claimed Gaara - just for the fun, and she said she was joking --- well this insane Gaara fangirl sent her a hate message stating that Gaara was her property and that Gaara only loved her and her real boyfriend even looked like Gaara... <---- That right there is taking it WAY TOO far! All jokes aside it was creepy.. I swore that that chick was crazy o_0

So like I said, fangirl/fanboy is a name given to someone who is truly passionate about something, it's not exactly bad -- that is until they take it too far. That's when being a fangirl/fanboy is bad.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tansey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fangirl Definition

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

A fangirl/fanboy is a specific species of human. They are common but rarely seen as the tend to spend a large amount of time hidden in their rooms under their duvet or staring at the computer of phone screen. They have very fragile "feels" and tend to base their beliefs around their "fandom/fandoms". They have been largely sighted on tumblr where they converse together and can occasionally be seen hijacking other posts with gifs. Some fangirls/fanboys even write "fanfic" on their "OTPs" some of which comes across rather like an erotic novel. They're a large proportion of their lives is taken up with reading/watching tv series/watching films and when a favourite character dies you will find them stuffing their faces with ice cream and contemplating life. Fangirls/fanboys are noticeable via strange markings on the floor, waving around random sticks, throwing pens around, muttering random chants, becoming over excitable and the sight of a police box and much more unusual behaviour.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does fangirl and fanboy mean?

i have heard the term used before but im not quite sure what it means is it a bad name or is it good a definition would b great.

Source(s): fangirl fanboy mean: https://tr.im/f6WuO
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well fangirl would mean that you're into something but now it's more used when saying that you're insane about something. For example:Sasuke's fangirl (I'm sure you've met a lot of those) Well Sakura and Ino are the best examples for this one. They're pure fangirls.

• 1 decade ago

"Fan" (not the twirly thing that gives you the wind!) means someone who is very fond of, or like a thing / person / whatever very much. Artists, shows, real-life people, characters...... you know.

Fangirl is for girls.

Fanboy is for boys.

And it's not a bad nickname or something. So yeah. =^_^=

• 1 decade ago

Good definition.

Fangirl is a girl who is a fan of a particular thing, like Naruto or J-rock.

Fanboy is the same thing, only a different gender.

"Fan" is being fond of or "into" something.

• 1 decade ago

fangirl is like a girl that has taken an intersest in comics and starts dressing or collecting anything to the comic. aka obsession to the comic ^_^ same thing for fanboy

• 1 decade ago

well the definiton the 1st person supplied would sufice.

fanatic girl.

means really into a series or particular thing.

it can be taken as an insult i suppose, it's all in the context.

Usually a lot of people complain about fan girls/boys becasue they forget the story and obsesse over one character or something.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

a fan girl is a female fan, who is obsessive about comics, film, music,books or science fiction.

"your average fangirl, despite the implication of the name, is a grown-up"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.