what is the difference between the italian movie ho voglia di te & Tre metri sopra il cielo?

are they 2 different movies or is Tre metri sopra il cielo a sequel to ho voglia di te?

in both movies they contain the samme actors with the same character names in both movies are they sequels?

Favorite Answer

"Ho Voglia di Te" is the sequel, "Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo" is the first movie. Both are based on Federico Moccia's novels with the same titles (so, two movies from two novels).

Source(s): I'm Italian

They are two different movies made three years apart with the same two leading stars. I've never seen the movies (don't know Italian) but they appear to be based on the same romantic novel or novels by Federico Moccia about first loves, broken hearts and the passage of life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0877522/

Stars: Riccardo Scamarcio ... Step

Katy Louise Saunders ... Babi

Laura Chiatti ... Gin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388483/

Stars: Riccardo Scamarcio ... Step

Katy Louise Saunders ... Babi

P.S.--Since I've not seen the movies and there is no synopsis available on IMDb, I have to guess that one is the sequel of the other.

Note: If you are considering buying the movie on DVD, unfortunately it doesn't play on U.S. equipment. You need a multiregional DVD player. Both the DVD and the player can be bought on Amazon.com. At Amazon.com, I finally found the synopsis for the 2007 one: English (Subtitles), WIDESCREEN (1.85:1), SYNOPSIS: A well-crafted teen romancer pairing a studious uptown girl and a drag-racing thug, "Three Steps Over Heaven" (Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo) marks a confident move into features for music-vid and commercials helmer Luca Lucini. Boosted by fresh performances, pic nearly succeeds in capturing first-love magic but is stilted by an excessively formulaic feel and a script that sometimes talks down to its target audience. Released March 12, this rare case of an ItaloItalo pic aimed at high schoolers seems set for a satisfactory domestic run, thanks to aggressive promopromo and a pulsating soundtrack.