Is it safe to snort coffee powder?

My friends bet me to snort a small line of coffee powder for the fun of it. Is it relatively safe if I snort a very small amout only one time?

Favorite Answer

Why would you want to do that?

It is not safe to snort anything,other than nasal spray. You will have the meanest headache, and you may even end up in the Emergency Room. Your nasal tract is a very sensitive part of your body, and snorting something like coffee could even give you a sinus infection. If your friend dared you to jump off a bridge, would you? That is not a good reason to do this. As an Emergency Room Nurse, I can not tell you how many people we have taken care of because they have either snorted a subtance that did not belong in their nasal tract, or put something that did not belong in their anal tract. Either of these is just as stupid as the other. DON'T DO IT!

• Danny

That is probably not going to hurt too bad, but it sounds like you need to get some new friends or not be so easily swayed by a dare. Giving in to a dare doesn't prove anything. They will only laugh at you when it is done. They will respect you if you take a stand for what is right.

better things to snort than coffee powder mate.

It will burn and cause temporary damage to the lining of your nose and potentially get sucked into your lungs, you would survive it but it would not be the smartest thing you will have ever done (I can make that judgement by the very fact you have friends that bet you something like this and you are even considering it).

On the alternate side, the guy in me screaming to the fore, how much are they betting?

You should probably ground it up to a powder beforehand, snorting it with the bigger grain would probably hurt like hell. Where did you come up with this???

coffe grounds or creamer?

not that it matters that much

anything foreign in your sinus cavity can cause a problem

do you want to be that guy in the er explaining the grounds up your nose?

the caffine isn't the prob, it's putting grounds into your face,

you won't be able to clear them all out,

I can't imagine explaining this one to the doc,

well, the infection started when i...

I hope you don't do it.

on second thought, you should listen to nickipet

your LUNGS man!

yikes

Thats fine, I have friends who've snorted much stupider things than that.

It's pretty damn stupid, though. Have fun with the enjoyable burning sensation in your nose!

snorting things takes them directly to your brain....if you did a small amount of cocain once...nothing would probably happen, but would you want to? you can as long as you tell yourself "i'm not gonna be like that guy" lol........but sure...snort the powder, you'd be surprised at the things people do to win bets

I doubt it will kill you but how stupid are you?

If your friends pull out a line of rat poison you going to snort that next?

Use your brain.

Um... I don't think snorting anything is ever good for you... it seems kinda painful too. rise above peer-pressure or you might find yourself in some trouble one day