Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 decade ago

How many stamps do i need for $1.99??

ok im sending a package to my friend who lives in another state, and the package is a large envelope and it weighs 1/2 a pound. so i did the math on usps.com and it says i need $1.99 worth of stamps. and i can send it from my house if its less than a pound. but i dont know how many stamps or which stamps to put on it.

help please! thanks(:

• jwishz
    Favorite Answer

You can actually purchase 1.99 in postage from the post office. If you only have 41 cent stamps, use 5 of them. The other person who answered didn't do the math right. You do, however, as they pointed out have a little more than needed

5 stamps would cost you 2.05.

Best thing to do is simply bring the package to the post office. They will personally weigh it to make sure it is accurate, and tell you exactly how much postage would cost. You give them the $$, and they will take care of putting the correct postage on the package for you.

You can do what other people have suggested (slap 5 41-cent stamps on yourself) but I don't like doing that because you will spend more than you need to (and the post office rips us off ENOUGH for postage already)!

Besides, this way the weight is guaranteed to be accurate! If your measurement of the weight is slightly different than the PO's, you will pay for it. If they measure slightly MORE than you, they will send the whole package back to you and demand the extra money - even if it's one penny! If they measure slightly LESS than you, you paid more for postage than you should have - and they won't even THINK of sending you a refund!!

• DeAnna

The easiest way is out 5 stamps on it. 4 stamps are worth 1.64, you can also buy smaller quantity stamps at the post office to cover the remaining .35 cents.

You need five stamps. (41 cents X 5 = $2.05, which will give you just a bit extra). You can just use regular stamps. You can also take it to the post office and they'll do it for you.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEEDUNLESS YOU HAVE SMALL DENOMINATION STAMPS LAYING AROUND THE HOUSE-4-41 CENT STAMPS=$1.64, + ANY STAMPS YIU HAVE EQUALING 35 CENTS (IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH THEY ARE AS LONG AS THEY EQUAL 35 CENTS. IF YOU WANT A MUCH EASIER WAY...JUST PUT 5 REGULAR .41 CENT STAMPS ON THE ENVELOPE-YOU WILL BE OVER PAYING BY .06 CENTS (BIG DEAL) BUT IT WILL BE EASIER, AND YOU PROBABLY HAVE THOSE STAMPS AT HOME.....

Put 100 1cent stamps on it then put 99 m ore

The math is difficult I know but I usually go by what the Post Office says so I won't get confused Are you going to throw it to the other state? or just make a paper airplane out of it?

JUST PUT 4 ON THERE AND YOU WILL BE GOOD. CAUSE STAMPS ARE .41 SO IF U PUT 4 THAT WILL LEAVE U WITH .06 EXTRA ON THERE SO BEST IS 4. HOPE I WAS OF HELP

Ah, you didn't learn to divide in grade school?