love
Lv 6
love asked in Education & ReferencePreschool · 1 decade ago

How can I find out the ratings for daycares and preschools in my area?

Are they even rated? How would I know if one is good? I live in the Omaha, NE/ Council Bluffs, IA area.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are different agency's that accredited Child Care Centers. I would suggest checking out NAEYC, they have a good website that lists questions to ask day cares and you can search for Child care centers that they have accredited. I also added another accreditation site that has a link to search for accredited centers.

Centers that are accredited had to go through extra measures to become accredited and also normally have to follow stricter guidelines in the care of children.

Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

SAVVYSOURCE has a good collection of preschools and reviews... I toured like 6 preschools before putting my daughter in one that I liked.. The only best thing to do is just tour them and see if the kids there are happy

• 1 decade ago

I would go to the daycares in your area and check the prices myself and take a tour. That way you can see for yourself if the price is worth what they are offering your kid(s). Ask what's included and what not. Gather all the information and decide which is best for your child and your budget.

• 1 decade ago

um....maybe look in the newspapers or ask just local people that live by you. you can go search for some preschoold or daycares in one of those huge mapy books by local public phones and go inside the building find like some papaers tapes up that says thea ratings. hoped this helpeed

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your states government website, child care centers are reglated by the state and the state provides licensing observations and reports on each center/ daycare

• 5 years ago

in Memphis Tennessee in 38112

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to google.com, i am sorry. I do not know. But i am so sure that you can find whatever it is you need where ever on google.com! ^_^' Best of luck.

• tone
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

call the child welfare dept and ask them for the info.....they are good if the are in compliance with state rules.....and no major infraction

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

from your preschool site

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.