Will a doggy sweater keep my short haired jack russell mix dog warmer in the cold weather, or just anoy him?

I have 2 jack russel terrier and poodle mix dogs, they are from the same litter, one has the characteristics of a poodle and has a very thick, long coat, where as my other dog is much more like a jack russell in the way that he has very short, and thin coat. My furryer dog seems to be fine in the cold, but i am... show more I have 2 jack russel terrier and poodle mix dogs, they are from the same litter, one has the characteristics of a poodle and has a very thick, long coat, where as my other dog is much more like a jack russell in the way that he has very short, and thin coat. My furryer dog seems to be fine in the cold, but i am worried that the other one is cold at night. I was looking at some sweaters for dogs in petco and was thinking it could help him, but i want him to be comfortable, and fear the sweater would anoy him, in turn completely defeating the purpose of it, to make him warm and more comfortable. Is it unatural for dogs to wear sweaters, or is it a good idea?
Update: i am not leaving my dog outside in snow or rain, or outside at all at night. I live in CA and the coldes its gotten where i am is about 40 degrees.They have a bed and food and blankets to sleep on in the garage, he doesnt shiver, i am not conserned that he is in danger in any way shape or form, i just want to make... show more i am not leaving my dog outside in snow or rain, or outside at all at night. I live in CA and the coldes its gotten where i am is about 40 degrees.They have a bed and food and blankets to sleep on in the garage, he doesnt shiver, i am not conserned that he is in danger in any way shape or form, i just want to make sure he is exta comfy , and insight seeing as i am not a dog and do not know how he feels..