promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Adam asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

in walking miles and distance how far was galilee to jerusalem in new testoment bible days?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Helmut
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Straight line distance from Nazareth to Jerusalem appears to be about 63 miles. Walking distance would be more on the order of 68 miles. Average adult walking pace is about 4 mph, so the journey would need 17 hours or more. 4 mph is really hard to sustain for more than a few hours. On the Oregon Trail 15 miles per day was considered to be fantastic. That pace would require more than 4 days for the journey.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

in walking miles and distance how far was galilee to jerusalem in new testoment bible days?

Source(s): walking miles distance galilee jerusalem testoment bible days: https://shortly.im/MHmpn
  • hohl
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Nazareth To Jerusalem

• Laura
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I like to hike. I've walked the longest trail available at Starved Rock state park in Illinois several times. I said available because since the park is primarily limestone, hiking paths are recreated often for safety. A lot of the hiking there involves climbing steep staircases. It is several miles. I never really paid attention, but it takes a couple of hours at a steady pace.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.