Adam asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

in walking miles and distance how far was galilee to jerusalem in new testoment bible days?

• Helmut
    Favorite Answer

Straight line distance from Nazareth to Jerusalem appears to be about 63 miles. Walking distance would be more on the order of 68 miles. Average adult walking pace is about 4 mph, so the journey would need 17 hours or more. 4 mph is really hard to sustain for more than a few hours. On the Oregon Trail 15 miles per day was considered to be fantastic. That pace would require more than 4 days for the journey.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): walking miles distance galilee jerusalem testoment bible days: https://shortly.im/MHmpn
  • hohl

Nazareth To Jerusalem

• Laura

I like to hike. I've walked the longest trail available at Starved Rock state park in Illinois several times. I said available because since the park is primarily limestone, hiking paths are recreated often for safety. A lot of the hiking there involves climbing steep staircases. It is several miles. I never really paid attention, but it takes a couple of hours at a steady pace.