DJ asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

My Fish Is Eating My Bird? HELP!!!?

I don't have a lid on my tank and the goldfish in it is 24 inches. Anyway to make this short... I was holding my little parakeet and it went flying around the room and then droped into my fish tank. The goldfish came up and tried to swallow it whole but can only get half of it's body in it's mouth. I keep trying to get him away from the fish but he's not opening his mouth. What can I do?

Update:

the bird is still alive but this dang fish just wont let go. I've had this bird for 5 years and yes it's a huge deal.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Massage the fish right behind his jaws or stroke it from the tail to the head... this should induce gag-reflexes and help you to coax the bird out of the fish's mouth....

Never heard of a problem like this one; but GoodLuck!♥

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well your bird is probably dead, so it's not going to be a huge deal anyways. I'd just net the fish and grab the bird out. The fish will be okay out of the water for a few seconds until you dislodge the bird.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hi 'No-Name' who does not allow IM or email, & whose Q's & A's are private [what a surprise].

This is another good reason to get yourself a fitted lid for your fish tank-not only does it stop the fish jumping out, it stops them eating your other pets too!

• 1 decade ago

Pull your goldfish out of the water and gently squeeze on its jawbone on either side of its head. This will force the mouth open.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

are you sure its a fish!?!?! man you might have a shark or somthing in that tank!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

7 hours ago?! --The bird's dead ,let it go .Kill the fish.

• 1 decade ago

Not be on Yahoo answers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.