Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What does moral mean? For example. "What is the moral of the story Speak"? by Laurie Anderson.?

If you can't answer what the moral story is for Speak, then just answer the 1st question i asked. What does Moral mean?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the "moral" of the story is the lesson the author wants us to learn. For example, the moral of the fable of the Tortoise and the Hare is that persistent steady effort is ultimately victorious. Stories with obvious morals are typically simple fables like that one; the moral of a more serious work of literature will be somewhat harder to state and grasp. Sorry I haven't read Speak. Is that the Laurie Anderson who is also a performance artist/singer?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Moral is the message behind the story.

Most stories with morals are dubbed fables, even if that isn't the truth. Each book obviously has the combination of fable and prose, with prose the astounding victor.

Aesop's Fables, for example, are solely written to tell a moral. Most morals are perceptive - meaning they are what you see them to be - but some writers actually incorporate a specific moral and try to make you see it. Even then, some morals are just there because they are.

There are a few prose where morals aren't included, but just are there.

• 1 decade ago

A moral is the message trying to be taught, for example, in a story.

For instance, possibly the moral of a story is to not lie because it gets you into trouble. It usually is a lesson about the right way to live.

• 3 years ago

What Does Moral Mean

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Like what was the point that the author was trying to get across. Like in the old Aesop's fables, the very ending is the moral. like when it says 'be careful what you wish for' or whatever.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axh7q

no victim no crime is my moral basis... I hope you are looking for an answer becasue it seems you are looking for an argument, but as far as i am aware god never told lot to give up his daughter, but the principle of it is that those men (angels) were under lots protection, it was his duty to stop them from being raped by the mob of gay rapists outside his house, all of the bad stuff that you cut out of context was not commendable by god, they are historical accounts of what happened, and those things are not biblical guidlines, you say they are guidlines, maybe you dont realise but the gudlines giveb to christians come from jesus, love thy neighbour, im sure you can work out what that means, you wouldnt hurt someone you love.. it's pretty simple like

• 1 decade ago

theme, message, lesson, point, or significance.

the theme would be:

Being afraid to speak the truth can lead to bumps in the road.

i did a report on this book so i'm pretty sure that's right =)

• 1 decade ago

it's like the whole meaning to the story, sweetie.

if you wanna know the fancy definition go to www.dictionary.com.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What did the point of the story teach you.

• 6 years ago

sex

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.