Why do the 2000 voters of the entire state of Iowa get to have the most influence on the start of elections?

Iowa too - a state with little diversity and one thing on their mind - farming. Oh and why did Rudy skip Iowa?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it is only one state and it has to start somewhere, it may as well be a small state... many discount it as insignificant, and do not want to waste valuable campaign money there.....where others use up lots of money trying to get a boost in name recognition.....

Rudy Skipped so he could save money and fly under the radar after taking many hits for his past.. skipping Iowa allowed him to dodge hard questions while still getting votes there....showing even by not going he has great potential...or something....

• 1 decade ago

Rudy didn't... he just isn't getting votes....

And that isn't how it works. Think Mini-Electoral College. The state is divided into around 2000 precincts, each one of which sends a representative who votes with their precincts majority. They don't decide the election anyway... all the other states have primaries as well.

• 1 decade ago

I bet most of the public wish they paid more attention in Civics class. I think it is great that people are asking question as to how the election process works. Just look up any question you may have on line or in the library. You will find answers to all your questions.

• 1 decade ago

It is just an old thing they did back in the day, and never changed it. It don't mean didley.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just as long as Hillary lost I really don't care

In response to "war on politicians" - An all white state voted for a black man over Hillary and Edwards, what's that tell you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because if you haven't figured it out by now, WASPs (White Anglo-Saxon Prostestants) rule the US so they & WASP New Hampshire will decide who gets to run for President of the USA whether you like it or not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.