How do I officially become a member of a church?

I am a bad catholic and do not belong to any particular church. If there is a church I really enjoy how do I become a member? What's the usual process?

I am getting married soon and want to get married at this church because both my parents and grandparents got married there. I am Catholic and have had all my sanctions but it's still a "members only" church...

• Favorite Answer

Money, Money, Money!

Some Churches you can attend 3 Sundays and be considered a member.

Others, you need to go through introduction classes so you know what that Church is all about.

Still others you need to profess belief in Christ as your personal Savior and be baptized to become a member.

Best bet is to call a couple of churches secretaries and ask about their process.

Source(s): Big Hug, Gramma

Oh I am not a catholic.

I am not a member of any religion.

I am a member of the body of Christ.

I would suggest a non denominational church, that way you can still profess your love of Christ but not have to be any particular religion. You are always free to renew wedding vows at a later date in the church of your choice if you choose.

Source(s): ch

Before you decide to "JOIN" a church make sure you agree with there teachings (doctrine).

You shouldn't join just to please a family member or just to get married.

Joining is a very serious commitment not to be taken lightly. You are saying you agree with what they teach and you haven't even checked them out!

How sure are you that yours is the only right religion? Almost every Catholic, Protestant and Jew believes that his religion is the right one. The heathen also believes that his religion is right. So it becomes obvious that, believing alone is not enough. Being able to prove your religion is the right one is an all-essential factor. Peter tells Christians to be “always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you.” Paul counseled: “Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is right.” This means knowing your religion, understanding what you believe and why.—1 Pet. 3:15; 1 Thess. 5:21.

Your religion should have solid basis, not on religious leaders, not on religious systems, but on God’s Word, the Bible. You should make sure your religion speaks according to God’s Word before you hold fast to it. If you learn that your religion is teaching what is not right, you should let go of that religion, even as Paul found it necessary to do when he was in Judaism. You must be willing to see and accept the truth. By so doing you will come to worship God in the right way and thereby win his approval.—Gal. 1:13-24.

How can you tell whether your religion is the right one or not? A simple way of telling is to expose it to a test of God’s Word. If your religion is not in accord with what the Bible teaches, then it is not in harmony with truth. It is not right. “And if they speak not according to this word, they shall not have the morning light,” said God. It is important, then, that you “keep testing whether you are in the faith,” as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God’s Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life.—Isa. 8:20, Dy; 2 Cor. 13:5.

I'm free-will baptist...I'm not sure how Catholic Church's do it..at our church the person attends the church for a few months..then makes a decision...then waits for the church to open it for new members to join...and the church has to accept the persons request to join.

You would have to ask the minister- The process is different in each church.

You may get more help by telling us which church. Some it is just simply telling the pastor that you want to join- others require baptism or other rites.

It's not difficult.

I'd recommend you call the church office, and they can recommend the correct process. However, in my experience, all you need to do is let them know that you'd like to be a member, and aside the possible filling out of a few forms if necessary, you're in =]

I only know about mine, non-denominational Christian. We took a few classes. They explained the beliefs of the church. We were then official members, although anyone can attend there.

Why are you asking us? If you attend a church and believe that they accurately preach the Word of God, and believe God is calling you to that congregation, talk to the Pastor about joining it and find out what their procedures are.

In most Protestant churches, at the end of the service, they sing a "hymn of invitation." During that time, you walk to the front of the church, say "I believe" and in some churches you get baptized. That's it - you're a member.

• ?

It is a long drawn out process. You tell the preacher you want to join and then you start going and your introduced to the congregation and Your in..