Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 decade ago

Free online high school in new york?

I'm a freshman

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Good luck with that one; New York has some of the toughest home school laws in the country. They aren't too big on allowing online charter schools there, especially funded by tax dollars. I've searched for one, but the only things I could come up with were for online college programs.

It is legal to homeschool there, but they don't make it easy. Here's a link that will tell you what you need to do: http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=NY

Sorry...but I hope this info helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None I am aware of.

NYS requires you take EXACTLY (100% to the letter) what the state law says must be taught and you MUST provide details about the materials that will be used.

Various School Boards in NYS have a reputation for rejection of long established home school programs such as Penn Foster.

• kovie
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

No. regrettably, long island is between the few states that doesn't supply any online unfastened college courses. you're able to could use a private online software decision or homeschool independently.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.