Landlord forged my signature on a fake lease?

New landlord bought our apt. complex. Old landlord could not find my signed copy of lease. Old landlord gave unsigned lease to new landlord. New landlord forged an obvious fake signature. Does new landlord have any proof how much I was paying in rent?

he wanted to evict me so I got the lease from court papers. Thats How I knew it was forged. He dropped the eviction because I moved out by the date specified but he didn't drop the rent which he said he would also do if I left on time.

Favorite Answer

The new landlord would have records, the rent from each appartment is part of the sales contract. It is also on hte income/expense reports.

You should still have your copy of your lease. Show it to new landlord. With your copy you can easily prove your signature was forged on the new lease the new landlord has.

I am very curious as to how you would even know the new landlord had a copy of the fake lease with your forged signature.

What did they do? Send you a copy of it?

It would be reasonable to assume that the new landlord has access to the prior landlord's payment records.

Show him your cancelled checks made out to the old LL. If you paid by money order, you can only prove that you bought a money order for that amount, but not who it was paid to.

If you were paying in cash and not getting receipts that was just plain dumb.

Property includes things inside and

outside and all papers.

PROBABLY the new landlord

got the leases and knows what

you were paying.

I am not sure of your need.

i think it is hidden between the lines.

Source(s): RE broker

No, but the old landlord does....I wouldn't try whatever you're trying. He can get in trouble for forgery, but don't try to change you're agreement, it won't work.

well he would have the lease agreement and you should have canceled checks for your prior rent the old company should have records

• ?

Contact an attorney that deal with landlord-tenant law . . .pronto.