i cannot get a hardship lic. because my lic. is being suspended and i cannot keep my insurance on my suv.?

Should I sign the car over to my girlfriend who i live with? We have a son together and i do not want my son to suffer. He is only 2.

Favorite Answer

You should be able to get the SUV insured, with you as the owner and her as the driver! You may have to have yourself excluded as a driver, meaning that you are not insured to drive your own vehicle.

There are many reasons that a vehicle can be owned by one person, and the insurance lists another as the driver! Someone could be like you, and not have a valid license but wants their own vehicle. They are driven by someone else!

It does not matter why you do not have a valid license, as long as you are excluded from the policy! I know one man who will never get a license, and yet he owns three cars! His family members drive them for him. (He is blind)

Only sign the truck over to your girlfriend if you never want it back! It will become her personal property!

Source(s): 28 years in the auto business

why cant you keep the insurance on your vehicle?? ...if it's due to the suspension..just add her as a driver on your policy until your drivers lic is restored. You don't have to sign it over to her

If you sign over your suv to your girlfriend. It is hers and if she gets mad and leaves you she can take it. You stay on as legal owner but I'm not sure how your state works. But you do what have to do what you have to get your lic back.

I would only change the title into your girlfriends name if you trust her that much.

It would be her vehicle then.

I would check with your insurance agaent. Even without a valid license, you could possibly still insure your suv.