Easy and healthy baby food recipes?

I'm worried about my baby's diet. He is 7 months old and he's been on 2 meals a day since 6 months. I've never been told what to feed him, I've just guessed. He just has jarred porridge for breakfast and jarred baby food for dinner, along with his milk feeds and some rusks for snacks if he seems... show more I'm worried about my baby's diet. He is 7 months old and he's been on 2 meals a day since 6 months. I've never been told what to feed him, I've just guessed. He just has jarred porridge for breakfast and jarred baby food for dinner, along with his milk feeds and some rusks for snacks if he seems hungry.
I've heared about mothers making their own food with different vegetables, and it sounds so much healthier (and cheaper) than these jarred foods. Has anyone got any good recipes? I've never been a good at cooking so the the more simple the better! Thanks. xx
Update: Ooo, Thankyou to all of you that answered me! Every answer is really helpfull, and it's not as complicated as I thought! xxxxxxxxx