li min asked in 娛樂及音樂電影 · 1 decade ago

about english,help~help

电影<明日之后>.what is the story about,

who is the director & main character.?

what is your overall impression of the film?

what elements make u think that the film is good?

would u recommend this film to your friends?why or why not?

Rating
  • K
    Best Answer

What is the story about?

When global warming causes world wide disasters and leads to an ice age, a climatologist named Jack Hall tries to rescue his son Sam who is trapped in New York. Jack must go from Washington D.C. to New York, but on the way some things happen. Finally, though many people have died, Jack managed to meet his son again.

This movie takes a big-budget, special-effects-filled look at what the world would look like if the greenhouse effect and global warming continued at such levels that they resulted in worldwide catastrophe and disaster, including multiple hurricanes, tornadoes, tidal waves, floods and the beginning of the next Ice Age. At the center of the story is a paleoclimatologist (a scientist who studies the ways weather patterns changed in the past), Professor Jack Hall (Quaid), who tries to save the world from the effects of global warming while also trying to get to his son, Sam (Gyllenhaal), who was in New York City as part of a scholastic competition, when the city was overwhelmed by the chilling beginnings of the new Ice Age. In addition to all of the other challenges Dr. Hall faces, he's also going against the flow as humanity races south to warmer climes, and he's nearly the only one going north...

Director & Main Characters?

Roland Emmerich (director);

Dennis Quaid ... Jack Hall

Jake Gyllenhaal ... Sam Hall

Emmy Rossum ... Laura Chapman

Dash Mihok ... Jason Evans

Jay O. Sanders ... Frank Harris

Overall impression? Elements made me feel good? Recommend?

A gorgeous movie to watch!

Look people, what it comes down to is this: you don't go to an "end of the world" movie for the plot. You go for the special effects. And I can honestly say these are some of the best special effects I've ever seen in my life.

I work a lot with computer graphics, and can distinguish them (AND miniatures) by sight. This movie blends them seamlessly. The only other movie I've seen that does that is Lord of the Rings. If you want to see a movie that makes you believe that what's happening is real, watch this. If all you care about is plot, there are better choices.

I give this movie a 9 (out of 10 marks) based on exactly what I expected of it. Mindboggling visuals.

Hope you've got a big-screen and surround sound. You're gonna need it.