Can you list some ways in which Christians are persecuted in America today?

For instance, the President is a Christian and 98% of Congress is Christian but what about the Supreme Court? How fair is it that one branch of government isn't in your face with their christianity?

Can you think of other ways in which Christians are persecuted in the USA?

• Skippy
    Favorite Answer

They aren't allowed to write their religion into law. Mainly they want an official declaration that Christianity is the official religion of the United States.

They get VERY angry when "activist judges" consider this to be a clear viloation of the First Amendment.

Of course they feel persecuted.

Some people disagree with them. My father actually told me that religion hasn't won a single battle since 1950 in this country.

Think about that.

I did, and I realized that this belief of his is another facet of the mentality that causes some Christians to argue that Catholics aren't Christians.

(Think about that one too.)

Christians feel persecuted because they all have such narrow, inflexible beliefs. If anyone ever disagrees on a SINGLE idea, that person isn't a "true" believer.

Christianity is an army of a billion individuals that all plan on trying to convert all the other Christians to the "true faith." They only cooperate when they perceive a greater threat: science, Islam, Judaism, Communists, atheism, etc. If not for these groups Lutherans and Methodist would be killing each other in the streets.

Dr M is a copy cat. I can still remember sometime in 1985 1st April, the then Ronald Reagan President of USA had said on National television annoucing that he has order the his Army to fire a nuclear missile at then Soviet Union which later he said was an April Joke. Dr M is only grapping attention and saying that he is still exist. That all!

• Loosid

Christians arent persecuted at this time. Persecution is in the trenches of dying for your faith. about 161,000 Christians are persecuted every year globally, none in the US for the most part. I will say though that Christians that are Christians by action and not just a box on a census form are slowly being vilified in our culture. Not to a persecuted extent, but there is a shift. A Christian who is prolife is considered a hatemonger who wants the womb of every pregnant woman as opposed to someone who morally doesnt feel we should be terminating pregnancies. Hate and disagreement are two different things. As if an atheist calls me a delusional stupid idiot VS an atheist who calmly debates with me on a theological subject. One is hate, the other is disagreement.

• Alex H

Well, first of all, homosexuals are being accepted and tolerated in this country!! How dare they!

They also cannot force everyone to live the way they would like, and they cannot put their Bible verses in the laws and in the constitution. Creationism can't be taught, which will obviously destroy this country.

Abortion is legal in some states, which is really bad, considering that women CANNOT, under any circumstances, have the right to control her own body. That's just ungodly.

I think they deserver it. Christians are SO LAZY!!...they think it own it all, and have to work very little for anthing. They don't listen, they don't want to learn about current issues, they expect other religions to bow down to theirs. Need I go on?

Christians are the persecuters, the world has a better understanding of what is going on, than what these people do.

- here, here!!

It may not be obvious, but our Fore Fathers did NOT intend for the U.S. to be a Christians nation, there were more puritans and Quakers at the time.

God & Government arn't supposed to mix!! Christians are the persecuters, the world has a better understanding of what is going on, than what these people do. The only place your aloud to discriminate against someone is in religion! Christians wouldn't be persecuted if they weren't so condemning to people. But not say they all are, but from what i see and hear alot of them are.

of course christians are being persecuted, right on this very website, people make mean and sarcastic comments all the time, and even claim Christianity isn't true

• Tamsin

We are forced to stand by and watch as more of the country grows to accept homosexuality. How dare anyone accept homosexuality. it goes against my religion and therefore it's wrong and everyone should live the way I think they should. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

And we are not allowed to use prayer in public schools or teach Christianity and creationism in science classes.

*I'm an agnostic lesbian*

It's intolerance against evangelical Christianity because the god-less Atheists won't let Christians promulgate intolerant.