What sort of art piece should I submit in my portfolio for pre-college MICA?

I am hoping to attend 2008 summer pre-college at MICA this year, but first, I have to apply and submit my portfolio. Since I still have a couple of months before my application is due, and I'd like to get a merit scholarship(hopefully?), I want my portfolio to be top notch. I do have some pieces I could... show more I am hoping to attend 2008 summer pre-college at MICA this year, but first, I have to apply and submit my portfolio. Since I still have a couple of months before my application is due, and I'd like to get a merit scholarship(hopefully?), I want my portfolio to be top notch.

I do have some pieces I could submit, but then again, I'm not sure if they're the best I have to offer. What kind of pieces should I submit? MICA has not given us any specifics, except that it should show creativity and ingenuity. Should I do any observation drawings? Should I try to have a wide range of styles, concepts, themes, or should I just stick to what I know I'm good at?