What kind of business organization is Wal-Mart?

For one of my classes, I have to research Wal-Mart and I need to know what type it is (sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation). I think it probably is a corporation. If you can, add a source! Thanks!

• MDHarp
    Best Answer

It's a corporation. On the site below you will see the company's official name is Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Under most (if not all) state's laws, "Inc." can only be used it the entity is a corporation. There are subsidiary companies that may not be corporations but that may be too complicated for purposes of your class.

• Erika

Wal-mart like living house Depot and Lowe's are vast run small community corporation out companies. the place I lived maximum of my life there replace into no Wal-mart, only small community and small franchise corporation, it made money for locals and for the community, small corporation like grocery shops, lumber yards, farming enforce and hardware shops have been fairly priced, then low and behold here comes Wal-mart and living house Depot and the community replaced. the staff of those vast companies did no longer know a rattling component with reference to the products being offered. the staff in undemanding terms needed a pay verify, they did no longer have any reason to learn with reference to the products they sell. in my opinion it only dumbs up each physique that artwork for Wal-mart and living house Depot.

It's a corporation

It is traded on the NYSE

I don't have a source to report but I guess you could use any paper that published stock reports. I trade stock, that's how I know. Good luck.

BTW this is a best answer