Does Shutter Count Matter?

I am interested in buying a used Digital SLR, maybe a Canon Rebel or a Nikon D70 and I was curious as whether or not shutter count is a good indicator of anything. What is considered a high shutter count? Is it a good indicator of the condition of the camera? I'm trying my best to get a good used SLR at a... show more I am interested in buying a used Digital SLR, maybe a Canon Rebel or a Nikon D70 and I was curious as whether or not shutter count is a good indicator of anything. What is considered a high shutter count? Is it a good indicator of the condition of the camera? I'm trying my best to get a good used SLR at a decent price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Update: I guess the camera keeps track of hoe many times the shutter closes, I was looking at one ebay auction and it said the shutter count was 23,000. I'm a huge novice when it comes to Digital SLRs, I'm learning as best I can. :-P