How are Christians persecuted today here in the United States?

This is a respectful question. I just don't see any persecution so that is why I posted the question so you all can tell me where it is and how you are persecuted. How are Christians under attack? I really want to know. I know in some countries Christians are persecuted and even put to death but I don't... show more This is a respectful question. I just don't see any persecution so that is why I posted the question so you all can tell me where it is and how you are persecuted. How are Christians under attack? I really want to know.

I know in some countries Christians are persecuted and even put to death but I don't see that here. What I see is all religions including Christianity and pagans and muslims, Hindus etc are protected under the U.S. constitution.

I may be wrong you all may not believe you are persecuted but that is what I hear so I asked the question to learn.

Even when I was a Christian I heard others of different churches than I was claim persecution but even then I did not see it I just enjoyed the freedom we are given. As I enjoy the freedom today.
Update: Comrad please tell me you are joking right? Happy holidays is just including everyone not excluding Christians. It is showing respect for all the holidays not just one.
Update 2: matman big Government is a threat to us all not just Christians. the government that governs least governs best. Taxation and making laws right and left is against us all. the worst thing that ever happened to us is when our politicians stopped calling themselves representitives and started calling themselves... show more matman big Government is a threat to us all not just Christians. the government that governs least governs best. Taxation and making laws right and left is against us all. the worst thing that ever happened to us is when our politicians stopped calling themselves representitives and started calling themselves lawmakers.
Update 3: Nirvanagirl I agree thus the reason for the question.
Update 4: ecterbob. I know of no one that can lose their job for being a Christian. Now saying that I do know that in some situations a persons religious convictions may be the cause of losing their job but not their religion. For example I knew a lady who was a member of a church I attended that lost her job because she... show more ecterbob. I know of no one that can lose their job for being a Christian. Now saying that I do know that in some situations a persons religious convictions may be the cause of losing their job but not their religion. For example I knew a lady who was a member of a church I attended that lost her job because she refused to call a Catholic Priest Father. Her convictions to obey the bible and call no man father caused her to lose her job but Christianity as a whole is not in danger of this. she was fired for disrespecting this mans position not due to her being a Christian since Catholics also claim to be Christian. I knew another man who worked in a restaurant who was there before they started selling alcohol and he refused and lost his job so I do know people with deep convictions loose jobs sometimes but it is not because they profess Christianity.
Update 5: CRRR Boo I agree that no one is persecuted by the government but some religions are not given the same rights by others but it is not the government. That is individuals who discriminate not the government.
Update 6: Mephesto please be respectful. If you would could you make the same point without showing disrespect?
Update 7: Mephesto I too have been attacked for comments wishing people a Happy Yule but still be respectful I would hate to see your answer deleted by someone who is upset over your comments. you do have a very valid point but need to rephrase it in a more respectful manner Please
Update 8: SadieAnn this does happen and I have been on the recieving side when I was a Christian. I was made fum of insulted etc, but this was by individuals not the government. If you want to see this done often just try being a paga in some areas. Still it is not the government but individuals.
Update 9: Good comment Nita Thanks
Update 10: Julian would we colapse or would we find out who realy are true to their confession? When I was a Christian I used to hear sermons about how if we ever were put to death for being christians we would see who is true and who is not. Not everyon is a Polycarp. Christians know who I am talking about.
Update 11: momo you have bought into a lie. Saying Happy holidays as I mentioned before is not persecution nor is it disrespectful to Christians the other lie is this country was not founded on Christian principals but on freedom of religion ALL RELIGION. A good many of our founding fathers were thiest or diest not... show more momo you have bought into a lie. Saying Happy holidays as I mentioned before is not persecution nor is it disrespectful to Christians the other lie is this country was not founded on Christian principals but on freedom of religion ALL RELIGION. A good many of our founding fathers were thiest or diest not necessarily Christian. Seperation of church and state is there for a reason. The government shall make no law establishing a state religion or the free excercize of such.
Update 12: Anna P I do not see that in fact I see kids having bible studies ans such but they cannot have a teracher leading such and that is as it should be. Do kids make fun at christian sometime? I am sure they do but I have also seen Christian kids make fun of the non christian kids also but there again it is the... show more Anna P I do not see that in fact I see kids having bible studies ans such but they cannot have a teracher leading such and that is as it should be. Do kids make fun at christian sometime? I am sure they do but I have also seen Christian kids make fun of the non christian kids also but there again it is the individuals not the government.
Update 13: Fuzzykit I agree they read about the great tribulation that must soom come to pass but fail to realize that the great persecution and the mark of the beast was all done in the first and second century with the pagans trying to wipe them out. It has altready been done and the Christian won and survived but then they... show more Fuzzykit I agree they read about the great tribulation that must soom come to pass but fail to realize that the great persecution and the mark of the beast was all done in the first and second century with the pagans trying to wipe them out. It has altready been done and the Christian won and survived but then they started doing the persecuting to the pagans. But as far as bibl prophecy that has already been fulfilled. Could it happen again? Not too likeky not as long as the U.S and its allies stay free.
Update 14: fl_freewheelie you too have bought into a lie. what you mentioned is not persecution at all first of all christmas is not Christian and never was meant for christian but for the pagans being forced into christianity. Second prayer in schools is allowed by anyone on a individual basis you cannot stop prayer but... show more fl_freewheelie you too have bought into a lie. what you mentioned is not persecution at all first of all christmas is not Christian and never was meant for christian but for the pagans being forced into christianity. Second prayer in schools is allowed by anyone on a individual basis you cannot stop prayer but allowing teachers to lead kids in prayer is not right. Most Baptist would not want a Jesus only Pentecostal to lead their kids in a prayer filled with tongue speaking. There is a thing called seperation of church and state. bible verses and the ten commandments have not business on government property and in places where the city governments do allow such they also must allow Pagan, Muslim and other religions the same freedoms.

Honoring other beliefs is not persecution of Christians. There is a good arguement that is made when Christians insist on having their way then they persecute other faiths so to be fair and free no religious verses should be allowed.
Update 15: Regina i agree Mormons are persecuted but again not by the government but by individuals. I actually feel for Mitt Romney
Update 16: Regina try being a pagan in the bible belt. In my city we are forced so far underground it is hard to connect with others of like mind. I sometime think I am the only one out in the open
Update 17: Thank you all for your answers. I dont; agree with everyone but I do respect your opinion thanks again. My point is yes persecution exists but whether it is against the Christian, Mormon Pagan muslim or other it is from individuals not from any government.