Follow-up: Would you consider THIS rape?

Consider the following scenario: A man and a woman meet at a party. Both have had too much to drink. People see them leave the party together, and see the woman give directions to the cab driver. The man wakes up the next morning, not knowing how he got home, but finding a strange set of panties next to his... show more Consider the following scenario: A man and a woman meet at a party. Both have had too much to drink. People see them leave the party together, and see the woman give directions to the cab driver. The man wakes up the next morning, not knowing how he got home, but finding a strange set of panties next to his bed. A woman calls a couple of weeks later to tell him she is pregnant and that he is the father. HE cannot remember going home with her or consenting to sex, so he files a rape charge against her. She claims that he consented to sex and passed out afterward.

Is this rape? Why or why not?
Update: By the way, this is a hypothetical situation. I wanted to see how the answers differed between this question (where the man is the one claiming rape) and the other question I asked (almsot identical, but the woman is claiming rape). The question is not about whether or not he would have to pay child support...
Update 2: Billyboy, so you are saying if he was capable of physical arousal, it cannot be rape? So, if the situation were reversed, and it was a woman who was too drunk to remember giving consent, all the man would have to do to prove it was not rape would be to produce the sheets with vaginal secretions on them (thus... show more Billyboy, so you are saying if he was capable of physical arousal, it cannot be rape? So, if the situation were reversed, and it was a woman who was too drunk to remember giving consent, all the man would have to do to prove it was not rape would be to produce the sheets with vaginal secretions on them (thus proving she was aroused at the time)?
Update 3: LAHockeyg, I never said he was passed out during sex. The scenario just indicates he was too drunk to remember even getting home, let alone agreeing to have sex with anyone.
21 answers 21