If i eat 6 small meals per day instead of 3 large meals will it help lose weight?

Ive heard people say that to help you lose weight you need to keep your metabolism changing, and one way is to eat 6 small meals a day rather that 3 normal/large meals a day, is this true?

Also, ive just started this today and im drinking water everytime i feel peckish or thirsty. But what happens when my metabolism gets used to the way im eating now, how can i change/vary this again ?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes you are off to a great start!!!

Nothing beats healthy eating.

Concentrate on overall fitness and maintaining a healthy heart.

Eat a combination of lean protein and healthy carbohydrates every few hours throughout the day to speed up fat loss and maintain stable energy levels. For best results, eat six times a day. Try balancing your meals 70% protein 30% carbs.

Eat your proteins from lean sources (Chicken, fish, boiled eggs, lean beef with all the fat drained off) and beans (lentil, lima, chile or any type of bean)

For your carbs stay away from breads and rice. They do provide energy but they are high in calories. Choose leafy vegetables, carrots, raisins, broccoli and fresh fruits. Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobic exercise three times per week.

Drink 10 to 20 glasses water per day NO SODA

Good Luck !!!

Lift weights to gain Muscle

Eat Right and do Cardio (jogging or bike riding 30minutes per day) to burn fat

• Judith
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You need not dream any further Dreamer. At 5'8, 155-160 is about average. But if you are still lookig to loose a few pounds, you are on the right track. That is what most reputable trainers tell you, 5-6 small meals because a big meal has to many calories in one setting. I would do no more than 300-400 calories per meal. That is about 1500-2400 calories per day, considering the average you are supposed to have 2000-2500. You are doing good.

• SK
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

That is supposed to help. Make sure the meals are really the half size. No use eating 6 meals loaded with calories. Focus on what you should eating rather than what shouldn't. That way you'll add a lot of healthy choices in your diet.

And yes drinking water is good for your weight. Get enough fibre too. Your body will get used to the healthy lifestyle and it will adjust to your healthy weight. You are not supposed to put weight back if you stick to the healthy way.

You may add a bit of exercise too.

• 1 decade ago

you need to do whats right for your daily lifestyle. for some people yes 5 or 6 small meals / snacks per day are better than 3 meals.. But these must be SMALL and HEALTHY meals. for example cereal with half or non fat milk. fruit and veg everyday.. they say at least 5 portions of fruit and veg every single day. water is good for you anyway so that will help. Excersise will help your metabolism but to keep the weight off you have to change your lifestyle for ever...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rose
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

• 3 years ago

3 healthy meals 2 healthy snacks

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is true. I been doing this for 4 months now and its working out great.

And about the water just make sure your drinking a half gallon of spring or distill water a day.

Good luck:

CLICK ALSO ON TO MY FREE WEBSITE HAS FREE WORKOUT PLANS AND FREE DIET PLANS :)

FROM THE STAFF OF BOEAFITNESS<a href="http://boeafitness.com/index.php?o...

• 3 years ago

Eat foods that bur more fat

• 1 decade ago

it isnt that one is better than the other in my mind. what happens is when you eat healthy you eat bulky foods, and they tend to fill you quickly, but you end up feeling hungry again very quickly. i noticed you tend to graduate toward eating more often more because of hunger than anything else. as you workout and build fitness, if you are eating healthy things they just dont stay with you very long. i find myself grazing (eating all the time, but eating the right things) because i get feeling hungry very quickly.

• 4 years ago

Eat vegetables seeds nuts and lean proteins

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.