Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

chances of herpes and oral sex?

i just recently got type 1 oral herpes (a month ago). my gf had it for a while.

can i spread herpes (genital) even if i dont have any cold sores at the moment? what are the chances?

Best Answer

I take it you are talking about spreading it to your girlfriend - who has already had the same virus for some time.

The answer is, it is possible but highly unlikely. If she has had the virus for more than a few months, her body will produce antibodies that will prevent her from getting the same virus in a second location on her body - so if she has it on her mouth, she won't catch it back from you on her genitals.

If she gets cold sores, and gave the virus to you, then it is obvious that he has the same type of herpes as you. The standard advice doctors give is that if you have one type in one location on your body, i.e. hsv-1 on your mouth, then you cannot catch hsv-1 down below. In a couple of years of going on herpes forums and doing research, the only cases I have come across who have caught the same virus in two locations, have done so in the first few months of having the first infection - i.e., if you have just caught cold sores you can get genital hsv-1 within the first few months, or you can, like you, get both at the same time.

My boyfriend has cold sores too - that is how I caught genital herpes, but I did not have cold sores prior to that which made me at risk.

When I caught genital hsv-1 my friend told me her boyfriend has often given her oral sex with an open cold sore on his mouth, but she doesn't catch it genitally because she herself has cold sores up above. You really aren't likely to pass them on.

This is the advice given by the Herpes Viruses Association:

"If you and your partner have the same virus you will not reinfect each other - even on a different part of the body. So, if you have caught it genitally from your partner’s facial cold sores, he or she will not catch the virus back on the genitals."

Hope that helps.

1

Source(s): I Cured My Herpes : http://HerpesAway.oruty.com/?toaI

2

Source(s): This cures herpes 100%... https://herpesfix.org/?bax64

I think chances are no less than 50% every time there is any contact with the infected part. Probably a 75-100% chance of passing herpes along during an outbreak -- remember, you can't always tell that you are having one!

My previous bf didn't know he had oral herpes (type 1). I dated him for 3 months before getting intimate and I never saw any cold sores when I was with him, but after the first week we had sex, I suddenly had a very painful problem in my genitals. Yes, I caught the oral type DOWN THERE from him. When I told him, he was as shocked as I was... Luckily, I guess, I never got it in my mouth, so I can safely kiss without spreading herpes, but I always have to tell a guy I date before having sex. It is so embarrassing!

Source(s): personal experience : (
  • susann

3

Source(s): BREAKTHROUGH in Herpes Research http://Trusted.Herpescure.win/npjbBz
  • Kelly

Yes, there isn't any. Herpes is caused by a virus. Actually, there is little cure for viruses nowadays. The only thing that you can generally do in the case of a viral infection is strengthen the immune system and hope it fights it off. Not with Herpes, the immune system can't win against it. Thus you only get to treat the symptoms. Once you're infected, it stays with you for life. So don't get infected.

Personal experience. I have had genital herpes for over 5 years.

The #1 Herpes Cure Program?

I got clinically diagnosed with the herpes simplex virus (type 2) about six years ago, when I was still attending college and had a stupid one-night stand. I just made a massive mistake that one time and suddenly I felt like I was going to have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life. The worst part was feeling I could never date guys again. In the end, who wants to go out with someone that has sores around her you-know-what? But since a friend shared this video everything changed https://tr.im/HERPEScure2o15uVEQ

Not only was I able to clear away all traces of the hsv from my body in less than 21 days, but I was also able to begin dating once more. I even met the man of my dreams. This method provided me the opportunity to be happy and experience real love. Now I want to enable you too by sharing this with the whole World.

YES IT CAN be spread to her genitals. cold sores are considered oral herpes. but less of a chance wen the cold sores are not there. if it wasn't possable then i wouldn't have genital herpes now. thats the same way my boyfriend gave me herpes. there is less of a chance when your cold sore is gone. hsv1 and hsv2 are caused by the same herpes virus, they are not totally different types but different strains of the same virus. wait until your cold sore is gone before u do anything sexually with your girlfriend and u should tell her that u have oral herpes.

Yes, and the chances are high.

See a doctor and get on a medication that is prescribed to prevent or reduce the chances of this happening.

You never can tell exactly when these viruses will be shedding or active.

Source(s): from: a nurse

positive