Is there anything that has the same effect as viagra but is safer ?

I have heard that viagra can cause problems with a weak heart, my neighbour who is pretty much house bound, after a motor vehicle accident about a decade ago, but likes a bit of female company still from time to time, as we all do!!, asked me to get him something but he also has a minor heart complaint, and... show more I have heard that viagra can cause problems with a weak heart, my neighbour who is pretty much house bound, after a motor vehicle accident about a decade ago, but likes a bit of female company still from time to time, as we all do!!, asked me to get him something but he also has a minor heart complaint, and refuses to see his doctor about the issue because he is embarrassed about stuff like that in front of a woman(his doctor is a woman), he confides in me because I take him over a beer or 2 from time to time to keep him company.Personally I think he should see a doctor about the impotence issue, but hes a bit of a stubborn old mule. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.Also any advice on what to say to get him to try and get him to see a doctor would be appreciated. Thanks.