Can I get rid of gingivitis with braces on?

I think my gingivitis might be pretty bad. Most areas will bleed if I brush hard and almost everywhere is swollen pretty bad. There's still space between the brace cement and the gum but in some places not much. I think maybe I should request to my orthodontist that my braces be taken off until I can fix it... show more I think my gingivitis might be pretty bad. Most areas will bleed if I brush hard and almost everywhere is swollen pretty bad. There's still space between the brace cement and the gum but in some places not much.

I think maybe I should request to my orthodontist that my braces be taken off until I can fix it because some areas are so swollen that it's very hard to floss - I think if I really flossed those areas it would simply cut through the gum because I can't reach the sides.

I feel very discouraged because I know I'm supposed to floss but it's very hard to and I don't know what else I need to do to get rid of it. And my parents don't want to take me seriously when I try to explain it to them : /

I'm more concerned of the health of my gums and teeth than whether or not they are lined up perfectly...
Update: I realized that it sounds like it's very advanced gingivitis when I read my description, but it's not THAT bad (yet).
Update 2: howbout flossing?