Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicBlues · 1 decade ago

better blues singer Robert Plant or Eric Clapton?

Favorite Answer

Plant, without a doubt. He has the passion that Clapton has always lacked, and can still deliver the goods.

Clapton is a mediocre singer, and these days a passe guitarist. The last good thing Clapton did was the 'Beano' album with the Bluesbreakers. Too many fan-boys worship EC, (as they know no better) whereas RP just gets on with it.

Source(s): A pair of ears that work.

Definitely Robert Plant is the better blues singer and is probably one of the best blues / rock singers of all time.

A harder question is better blues guitarist, Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page? Eric Clapton wins this.

Robert Plant, he is like 3 singers in one. He can sing so high, I haven't heard anyone match it. Clapton is good, but I don't think he's as good at singing as Robert. He is an excellent guitar player though, a better player than a singer. Robert Plant didn't play guitar, so maybe he had more time to perfect singing than Clapton because he sings and plays guitar at the same time.

• xjaz1

Not to take anything away from Plant,but I think Clapton has the better blues voice. Robert is a rocker even though he started out doing the blues as a kid.

eric clapton is better in blues simply because all his music has something to do with it robert is a rock singer not a blues\rock singer like eric clapton you can't ask who is a better blues singer when one of them is a rock singer

Given the two choices, I'd pick Clapton, a very average singer at best. All Robert Plant ever did was scream and make weird high-pitched noises. The closest he ever came to actually singing something was "Stairway to Heaven." At least there was a "hint" of melody therein.

I like Robert Plant's way of keeping that raw element alive in his songs and vocals. Listen to The Mighty Rearranger a 2005 recording I believe. Some soulful vocals goin' on there. Way cool. Not exactly how I would classify blues but very bluesy soul rock stuff.

He has his own style, very timeless and hard to classify.

1974=Robert Plant was the better blues singer.

2008=Eric Clapton.

Funny how things change.

Plant is a better singer...Clapton is a mediocre singer at best. Neither of them are great blues singers.

clapton is good on a 6 string leave the vocals to plant