Should 16 year olders (such as myself) be implicated in Political affairs?

Note: implicate has many synonyms

Favorite Answer

Yes high schoolers have a reason to be interested since there are classes that are available to them to further there interests. Any younger than that is just kind of sad because politics is rather depressing and upsetting.

Implicated? Are you sure you are using the correct word?

If you mean should you be interested or involved then absolutely!

EDIT

Implicate:

1.To involve or connect intimately or incriminatingly: evidence that implicates others in the plot.

2.To have as a consequence or necessary circumstance; imply or entail: His evasiveness implicated complicity.

3.Linguistics To convey, imply, or suggest by implicature.

4.Archaic To interweave or entangle; entwine.

Synonym:

1. a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language, as joyful, elated, glad.

2. a word or expression accepted as another name for something, as Arcadia for pastoral simplicity; metonym.

3. Biology. one of two or more scientific names applied to a single taxon

You are right, implicate does have many synonyms, but none of them would make sense in that sentence. You are using the wrong word. And instead of synonym, I believe you meant definition, although you would still be wrong.

She should be awarded for perfectly demonstrating the scientific process. Many think that science is defined by success, but in reality, it is just as much about failure. By creating this ultimately flawed experiment and testing her audience with its affects, she has eliminated a possibility about how to meet her goals the correct way. Since she had no ill intent, there is no need to punish her for a miscalculation.

Sure. However, I think the only people who care about the opinion of a minor are their parents and immediate family.

I do believe that a 16-year old should understand the difference between "implicated" and "involved." "Implicated" indicates involvement in an incriminating manner.

well u should define the world "implicated" first. you know you can t take politic that easy it s another world a cruel one. i m not trying to discourage you at all. i think u should wait a couple of years before tacking any decision in my opinion u re not ready yet .ok . watch ur steps

You're funny...

I understand what you mean though... and YES. I think you should be at least interested to start learning a little about Politics.

You can start learning about how votes are cast and tallied and what the functions of Congress are... there's LOTS of information though... it takes a lifetime to learn it all.

Absolutely; the average 16 year old probably knows as much as the average adult about politics and is more likely to have an objective opinion. And until you are allowed to vote, you have the right and responsibility to express your views.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "implicated".....

Yes (involved in), but it's socially acceptable to discriminate based on age. It's not right, but that's the way it is. I know plenty of sixteen year olds who have a better head on their shoulders than a lot of forty year olds.

No, they should not. They are not mature enough to understand to realm of politics, especially when they don't know how to properly use the word "implicated".